By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Get Windows 10 (GWX) is a virus

Yeah, that's pretty awful. Given all the problems people are having with the upgrade, forcing this on them is a good way to generate anger. Windows 10 itself is okay but the sheer amount of crap I've gone through from upgrading has driven my blood pressure up.

Nothing new for Microsoft, though. Windows 10 seems designed to hide and confuse the user so that they can't change settings easily.

Around the Network

Windows has basically become malware disguised as an OS.

Can someone tell me if the rumor about having to pay a sub fee for Windows 10 is true? I heard a rumor that after 2 years or so I need to pay a sub fee to continuing using the OS or else I need to downgrade back to Windows 8.1.

I think the best thing that MS managed to do was convince people even in this thread to use the word upgrade when it comes to changing to windows 10, it's a change of the OS, if you have a PC which is perfectly functioning with Win7/8 and you are thinking... is Windows 10 an upgrade for me, think can you improve on a system which is working perfectly? no, you can change it around and then find ways to make it work for you again... but really if your PC/Laptop is perfect now then the change is just that, a change to MS's new system and you are handing away your rights to ever have this choice again down the line, because a part of Win10 which people do not like is the lack of choice regarding updates, and those updates can include critical things... such as Windows 11 or 10.1 which will all be considered critical updates from now on.

Me ranty long time, no likey Win10, remove 35583 if you see it on a family machine and they're complaining about that Win10 popup or have an older system which will not be compatible with Win10 drivers

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

CosmicSex said:
Can someone tell me if the rumor about having to pay a sub fee for Windows 10 is true? I heard a rumor that after 2 years or so I need to pay a sub fee to continuing using the OS or else I need to downgrade back to Windows 8.1.

If you have "upgraded" to Win10 for more than... I think is it a week or a month you can't just downgrade back to Windows 8.1 http://www.howtogeek.com/220723/how-to-uninstall-windows-10-and-downgrade-to-windows-7-or-8.1/

after Win10 has been on the system for 1 month it will delete the Windows old folder and get rid of your old windows 7/8 installation folder so you'll need to do a complete clean reinstall of the OS instead, sad times.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Instead of the the constant nagging, how about inciting those who haven't upgraded yet with better software, MS?

Why isn't EDGE on my smartphones yet? Arguably, one of the main reasons to consider upgrading to Windows 10 is still Windows mobile exclusive. I want my bookmarks available on my phone without going through hoops.

I want a better photo viewer, add more features to paint at least.

And most importantly, update file explorer with tabbed browsing already.

All features have been available in other OSs for years. Sick of the lack of competition MS has in the desktop space.

Alot of us don't need or use the features that new OS's. We just want to surf the internet without all of these annoying tiles and everything else that they try and make you change to. This is why i still have and will be sticking with Windows 7. I got all of that W10 upgrade crap, out of my computer about 6 months ago, so it would stop annoying the crap out of me.

This is happening to me too. I've cancelled the automatic update but it keeps popping up everytime I reset my laptop. I don't want windows 10, I dont't like the new layout. If I wanted to update I'd have months ago when they first started to insist about it.

Sixteenvolt420 said:
Alot of us don't need or use the features that new OS's. We just want to surf the internet without all of these annoying tiles and everything else that they try and make you change to.

If you don't want tiles in Windows 10, you don't have any.

There are a few tiles in the start menu as default, but after unpinning them (2 mouse clicks), you'll never see tiles again in Windows 10.

Conina said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:
Alot of us don't need or use the features that new OS's. We just want to surf the internet without all of these annoying tiles and everything else that they try and make you change to.

If you don't want tiles in Windows 10, you don't have any.

There are a few tiles in the start menu as default, but after unpinning them (2 mouse clicks), you'll never see tiles again in Windows 10.

If i could make Windows 10 look and perform exactly like 7, i'd download it in a heartbeat.