By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Get Windows 10 (GWX) is a virus

pokoko said:
Conina said:

If you don't want tiles in Windows 10, you don't have any.

There are a few tiles in the start menu as default, but after unpinning them (2 mouse clicks), you'll never see tiles again in Windows 10.

What if you think tiles look stupid and are either too large or too small?  I want my small icon + text shortcuts back.  The Windows 7 way was SO MUCH BETTER for me but Microsoft is like, "we'll make you use the way we like."  Screw them for that arrogance.  

So where are you missing the small icon + text shortcuts in Windows 10?

In the start menu?

Or the shortcuts on the desktop?

I doubt that many of you have even tried out Windows 10 if I read some prejudices

Around the Network

My laptop has stopped midway thorugh the upgrade and I haven't seen any message about completing the update since (it's been about two weeks) I'll just wait until Windows 10 gets patched and stuff and then I'll figure out what's going on, or to do things faster I might just keep the laptop as it is and buy a new one in two years as I already planned to do...

Conina said:
pokoko said:

What if you think tiles look stupid and are either too large or too small?  I want my small icon + text shortcuts back.  The Windows 7 way was SO MUCH BETTER for me but Microsoft is like, "we'll make you use the way we like."  Screw them for that arrogance.  

In the start menu?

I doubt that many of you have even tried out Windows 10 if I read some prejudices

If there is a way to do that then I have no idea what it is and I've search for it.

I managed to evade all that last year, though an update from a few months back involved the return of GWX, which I promptly removed soon after finding it.

MS really need to stop forcing the one OS, one store, one API scene on all previous Windows OS users because it;s honestly making them look very desperate and it shows ever since the start of this gen with their image being damaged quite a lot and then trying to spin things around for their console side.

Their eventual "return" to PC gaming originally sounded like it would be promising and a proper return to form, instead we get a version of MS that demands we all use Win 10, their store and API. They don't really like competition and I can't say they ever have loved to fight for it, with the way 10 is forming it shows MS want a majority to use their one OS over anything else along with the desire to form a tight restricted garden.

Their whole forceful approach and being restritive with the OS and trying to mold PC gaming to their ends is what puts me off ever wanting to use an OS from them in the future, if they hadn't gone this route that they had taken along with the way 10 works then I would already be using the new OS.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Conina said:
pokoko said:

In the start menu?

Still looking.

Around the Network

Wow, thanks for the heads up, just checked.

Holy fuck, that's tomorrow and I always leave my laptop on. Piss the fuck off.
Luckily my windows 7 machine is no longer online, secure backup server.

I upgraded my old laptop before, didn't like the changes, plus my old laptop started randomly rebooting after the upgrade. No thanks, my current laptop works just fine the way it is. It doesn't have a dx12 gpu anyway, no benefits to be gained. Damn this is some new level of bullshit. I turned automatic updates off for now, done with it.

My wife was scheduled for the 28th, caught that one in time as well.

Well. 7 surely ain't making money anymore.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

SvennoJ said:

Wow, thanks for the heads up, just checked.

Holy fuck, that's tomorrow and I always leave my laptop on. Piss the fuck off.
Luckily my windows 7 machine is no longer online, secure backup server.

I upgraded my old laptop before, didn't like the changes, plus my old laptop started randomly rebooting after the upgrade. No thanks, my current laptop works just fine the way it is. It doesn't have a dx12 gpu anyway, no benefits to be gained. Damn this is some new level of bullshit. I turned automatic updates off for now, done with it.

My wife was scheduled for the 28th, caught that one in time as well.

I am at work atm it is the 26th of May here. I hope when I get home it hasnt upgraded.

Reason I don't upgrade is because logitech are so far behind the real world I loose control functionality with the webcam because in their eyes you can get 3rd party programs to do this stuff.  All nice and good but when the 3rd party programs cost money its another cost. Or when the free ones only use desktop resolutions not true 16:9 outputs or 16:10 ouptuts like the video camera can it screwes the aspect ratios.

Even if there were fewer reported problems, the way they are trying again to force a monopoly on the marketplace is enough to make me say no to Win 10. Adding to this that Win 7 is the best Windows I ever used, makes me even more willing to stay with it. While on the desktop I can still decide everything, on my next laptop I'll have to accept Win 10, though, but I'll do everything possible to avoid MS marketplace for SW, and if it won't be possible, I'll start abandoning Windows.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Mine auto updated without my permission.

I like Win 10 though.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League