By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Get Windows 10 (GWX) is a virus

I got that scheduled update as well, cancelled it as quickly as I could. There are reportedly still driver issues with my GPU in Win 10, DX12 still has close to zero value and the OS itself is a cesspit of spyware and rootkits.

Around the Network

OMG. I went to the support page https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3095675 to cancel the upgrade and CANNOT do it. All I can do is change the time it will happen, and the latest time I can choos is tomorrow! Can anybody help? Be advised I'm not a savy pc user at all.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Worth a read: http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/windows-7-to-10-gwx-how-to-remove.html

COKTOE said:
OMG. I went to the support page https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3095675 to cancel the upgrade and CANNOT do it. All I can do is change the time it will happen, and the latest time I can choos is tomorrow! Can anybody help? Be advised I'm not a savy pc user at all.

Oh man this is horrible.  Um:

Bandorr said:
Reading reddit I came upon a software that basically fixes all these issues.

Removes the patches, removes that VERY annoying pop up, removes that little box I accidentally click etc etc.

Forcing updates, and changing them to "Critical" etc is just gimmicky. If people want to update - they will choose it. If they don't want to, they shouldn't have it forced on them.

I think I know of at least 10 people that restarted their computer only to find out "oh look, it is windows 10".

Can you please help COKTOE?

CosmicSex said:
Can someone tell me if the rumor about having to pay a sub fee for Windows 10 is true? I heard a rumor that after 2 years or so I need to pay a sub fee to continuing using the OS or else I need to downgrade back to Windows 8.1.

That sounds like BS.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
CosmicSex said:
Can someone tell me if the rumor about having to pay a sub fee for Windows 10 is true? I heard a rumor that after 2 years or so I need to pay a sub fee to continuing using the OS or else I need to downgrade back to Windows 8.1.

That sounds like BS.

I did some research and it sounds like you are right.  

Another good article if anyone is interested. http://www.wnd.com/2016/05/bill-gates-of-hell-windows-10-hijacks-computers/ I hope, so very much, that MS gets nailed to the f***ing cross with a massive class-action lawsuit over this.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Conina said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:
Alot of us don't need or use the features that new OS's. We just want to surf the internet without all of these annoying tiles and everything else that they try and make you change to.

If you don't want tiles in Windows 10, you don't have any.

There are a few tiles in the start menu as default, but after unpinning them (2 mouse clicks), you'll never see tiles again in Windows 10.

What if you think tiles look stupid and are either too large or too small?  I want my small icon + text shortcuts back.  The Windows 7 way was SO MUCH BETTER for me but Microsoft is like, "we'll make you use the way we like."  Screw them for that arrogance.  

This is probably the reason I've seen a lot of complaints about a forced update in the last few days. There were some even before, but lately there's been many more. This is really, really bad UI design from Microsoft. Or good, depending on what your objective is. From Microsoft's point of view, this must be excellent UI design because it does exactly what they want. From users' point of view, this is horrible UI design, because it does exactly what none of them wants.

This is also a very cheap tactic from Microsoft and shows the exact reason I don't like Microsoft and why I'm not planning to 'upgrade' to Windows 10 any time soon (or ever, if I can help it): the lack of respect towards their customers.

pokoko said:
Conina said:

If you don't want tiles in Windows 10, you don't have any.

There are a few tiles in the start menu as default, but after unpinning them (2 mouse clicks), you'll never see tiles again in Windows 10.

What if you think tiles look stupid and are either too large or too small?  I want my small icon + text shortcuts back.  The Windows 7 way was SO MUCH BETTER for me but Microsoft is like, "we'll make you use the way we like."  Screw them for that arrogance.  

Download Classic Shell, it should help. It should bring the old start menu back. It's not an official solution but should work just fine. But yeah, it's pretty bad if you have to resort to a third-party application to bring back old, better functionality.