By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Overwatch is much, much too expensive.

Overwatch...

Too expensive. 287 51.25%

Too cheap. 20 3.57%

The price is right. 127 22.68%

^If it had a campaign. 82 14.64%

Indifference. I just don... 44 7.86%

Total:560
Roronaa_chan said:
Should be 20 bucks

AHAHAHAGAHAGAGAGAGHAGAGAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAHAHAGAHAGAHAGAHAGAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAHAGAHAGAHAGHAGAHAGAHAGAHAGAHAGAHAGAHAGAHAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!2!4!6!7!8!3!2

Let me guess, because it doesn't have a campaign. Or you don't see the value of it. Or it's repetitive. Lololololololol. People on this site need to fucking get over this trend of naming what price they think a game should be at. It's getting really fucking old.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Around the Network
archer9234 said:
Pemalite said:

Besides, even if Team Fortress 2 is fairly old, it was also free.

It also wasn't free for 4 years. See the thing is. Overwatch does have a internal story. That the creators made up, for each character, map etc. Certain characters have dialogs with each other. Certain maps make characters comment on them. So they do have stuff in place. Yeah, I agree. Overwatch is missing important full stuff. But, the designing phase of the game was a lot more complicated. Then what TF2 did. Being originally an addition to the Orange box. I see the game now, as a pilot episode to a show. Hopefully, once they start adding in more stuff. Will get the visual backstories. But yes. Doing it like this, is not a good idea. Because Street FIghter 5 has messed up their sales. Because of missing things.

Overwatch doesn't have a story, there is no story in the game, there are no animated cutscenes, there are no backstory tidbits or universe lore or conversations that take place between characters.
You need to look for that outside of the game.

ohmylanta1003 said:
Pemalite said:

Team Fortress is probably Overwatch's most successfull competitor, it should have been the goal to beat considering it also played a big role in Overwatch's development.

If they weren't going to implement a full campaign and a fully fleshed out multiplayer, then they should have added more maps.
Besides, even if Team Fortress 2 is fairly old, it was also free.

Keep in mind that Overwatch has ZERO story, has ZERO single player and does not even have a multiplayer component that is as fleshed out as other big Multiplayer games like Halo 5, Call of Duty and other FPS Mobas. And yet they still ask a full retail price for it? Please. Even worst when people support such a practice.
Thankfully Blizzard has a good history of listening to constructive criticism and working to resolve things.

As MANY users have pointed out, TF2 WAS NOT FUCKING FREE! HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO SAY THIS?! It has story, but they are working on getting it out there is the form of those movie clips. It doesn't need a dumbass campaign to appease the users on this site, who seem to be the only people that literally can't get past the fact that a game doesn't have campaign. The multiplayer component is better, fresher, and more fleshed out than any of those games you listed. Not only that, but for the majority of people, this game did not cost full retail price. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with the microtransactions in this game. You're ridiculous for complaining about them.

Team Fortress 2 is free right now.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/440/

It has been free for half a decade.

The gameplay is not more fleshed out, a couple of game modes and a dozen maps doesn't make a complete game.

The Multiplayer is balanced, I'll give it that, but it's boring. I bought the game on release and I am bored of it already. That itself is a problem.
It was also the same problem I had with Halo 5's bare-bones multiplayer. It was the same problem I had with Titanfall, Evolve... So why should I praise this and criticise those others for the exact same problem?

Apparantly constructive criticism is illegal on this forum.

Microtransactions do not belong in a full priced game that isn't even feature complete. It's a money grab.

As for the game being better than the ther titles I mentioned.. That is highly debatable. And you know what? Blizzard is actually my favorite developer of all time, StarCraft is my favorite franchise of all time and I am absolutely disgusted with Overwatch as it is right now and I WILL voice my opinion whether YOU like it or not.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

ohmylanta1003 said:
Roronaa_chan said:
Should be 20 bucks

AHAHAHAGAHAGAGAGAGHAGAGAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAHAHAGAHAGAHAGAHAGAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAHAGAHAGAHAGHAGAHAGAHAGAHAGAHAGAHAGAHAGAHAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!2!4!6!7!8!3!2

Let me guess, because it doesn't have a campaign. Or you don't see the value of it. Or it's repetitive. Lololololololol. People on this site need to fucking get over this trend of naming what price they think a game should be at. It's getting really fucking old.

It's a small Mp game with low production values and mass market appeal

you should be thankful i said 20 bucks instead of f2p

It's like Rocket league but the Activision and Blizzard name lets them get away with it

and no it shouldn't have a campaign, nor would one make it acceptable to charge more. Want to charge more then do something else entirely

Star Wars Battlefront is looking good now.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

I think it's too expensive. Honestly all my hopes dwindled for this game the second I discovered it was a MOBA.

I mean, they came out with all these promotional character videos. Obviously there is a story... if they just had a campaign, I would have been all over it.

I know I'm going to get some crap, but this is exactly why Battleborn appeals to me more.

Around the Network
Skratchy said:
I think it's too expensive. Honestly all my hopes dwindled for this game the second I discovered it was a MOBA.

I mean, they came out with all these promotional character videos. Obviously there is a story... if they just had a campaign, I would have been all over it.

I know I'm going to get some crap, but this is exactly why Battleborn appeals to me more.

What the actual fuck are you on about??

Overwatch isnt a MOBA, its an FPS. There is almost nothing MOBA about it.

On the other hand Battleborn is in fact an FPS/MOBA

Next you'll be telling me FIFA is and RPG

Roronaa_chan said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

It's a small Mp game with low production values and mass market appeal

you should be thankful i said 20 bucks instead of f2p

It's like Rocket league but the Activision and Blizzard name lets them get away with it

and no it shouldn't have a campaign, nor would one make it acceptable to charge more. Want to charge more then do something else entirely

So then what games are worth it hotshot? Because to me, it seems like no one on this site believes any game should be more than $30.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Pemalite said:
archer9234 said:

It also wasn't free for 4 years. See the thing is. Overwatch does have a internal story. That the creators made up, for each character, map etc. Certain characters have dialogs with each other. Certain maps make characters comment on them. So they do have stuff in place. Yeah, I agree. Overwatch is missing important full stuff. But, the designing phase of the game was a lot more complicated. Then what TF2 did. Being originally an addition to the Orange box. I see the game now, as a pilot episode to a show. Hopefully, once they start adding in more stuff. Will get the visual backstories. But yes. Doing it like this, is not a good idea. Because Street FIghter 5 has messed up their sales. Because of missing things.

Overwatch doesn't have a story, there is no story in the game, there are no animated cutscenes, there are no backstory tidbits or universe lore or conversations that take place between characters.
You need to look for that outside of the game.

ohmylanta1003 said:

As MANY users have pointed out, TF2 WAS NOT FUCKING FREE! HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO SAY THIS?! It has story, but they are working on getting it out there is the form of those movie clips. It doesn't need a dumbass campaign to appease the users on this site, who seem to be the only people that literally can't get past the fact that a game doesn't have campaign. The multiplayer component is better, fresher, and more fleshed out than any of those games you listed. Not only that, but for the majority of people, this game did not cost full retail price. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with the microtransactions in this game. You're ridiculous for complaining about them.

Team Fortress 2 is free right now.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/440/

It has been free for half a decade.

The gameplay is not more fleshed out, a couple of game modes and a dozen maps doesn't make a complete game.

The Multiplayer is balanced, I'll give it that, but it's boring. I bought the game on release and I am bored of it already. That itself is a problem.
It was also the same problem I had with Halo 5's bare-bones multiplayer. It was the same problem I had with Titanfall, Evolve... So why should I praise this and criticise those others for the exact same problem?

Apparantly constructive criticism is illegal on this forum.

Microtransactions do not belong in a full priced game that isn't even feature complete. It's a money grab.

As for the game being better than the ther titles I mentioned.. That is highly debatable. And you know what? Blizzard is actually my favorite developer of all time, StarCraft is my favorite franchise of all time and I am absolutely disgusted with Overwatch as it is right now and I WILL voice my opinion whether YOU like it or not.

THANK YOU CAPTAIN OBVIOUS! Do you think I'm fucking stupid or did you not read what I said to you? I fucking know it's free now. It WASN'T free when it came out almost 9 YEARS AGO! That's all that matters in this argument.

They will add more maps, but it's not like they need more. Look at the two most popular games right now. League of Legends and CS: GO. CS: GO has maybe 10 maps (but only 7 are played at a time) and I don't play League, but I'm pretty sure there are hardly any maps in that game either.

The game is not boring, as evidenced by the millions of people playing it right now. Just because you can't find any fun in it (maybe you're just not committed to doing anything but running up the middle of the map and dying) doesn't mean others haven't.

There are ZERO problems with these microtransactions.

You can voice your opinion. Doesn't mean it isn't stupid. Just know that a fuckton of people disagree with you. Just because the users on this site back you doesn't mean shit.

The last question is, what multiplayer games do you like? What is fully fleshed out? Not repetitive? What is good in your eyes? I highly doubt you'll come up with something, because I'm pretty sure you just don't enjoy these types of games. Which is fine. Go ahead. But there's no reason to shit on the game because you don't like a particular genre.

User was moderated for this post ~ CGI

vivster said:
ktay95 said:

Lololololol.
Fucking seriously mate, how many AAA games are short story driven games with like 20 hours of gameplay. Overwatch on the other hand is a game that is made to be replayed for hours and hours. Look at similar games to Overwatch that people have racked up hundreds if not thousands of hours. If $$$ to hours played is the most important thing when buying a game then games like Overwatch are actually the best way to go

I paid $20 for Rocket League and played it for over a thousand hours. Every game that has a worse time/price ratio is overpriced and should not be bought until it reaches the sweet mark of 2c per hour. Because games are always about quantity and never quality.

Shit, and here I though I had gotten a great deal out of Rocket League at 7 cents per hour. Crap.

Teeqoz said:
vivster said:

I paid $20 for Rocket League and played it for over a thousand hours. Every game that has a worse time/price ratio is overpriced and should not be bought until it reaches the sweet mark of 2c per hour. Because games are always about quantity and never quality.

Shit, and here I though I had gotten a great deal out of Rocket League at 7 cents per hour. Crap.

You are the reason why publishers are getting away with their horrendous pricing.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.