By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Best solution to the refugee crisis in Syria?

WolfpackN64 said:
Aura7541 said:

Well modern is, by definition, current so I agree with you there

Well. I'd say we end here on a positive note? We'll have plenty to talk about on this forum in the future I wager ;)

Yep. Looks like the mods don't have to lock this thread

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
WolfpackN64 said:

Well. I'd say we end here on a positive note? We'll have plenty to talk about on this forum in the future I wager ;)

Yep. Looks like the mods don't have to lock this thread

You disagreed with someone, but didn't end the discussion with an argument and a bunch of insults?

Bravo. I rarely see that happening anymore.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:
barneystinson69 said:

Oh really? Should we also open our doors to anyone and not worry about the consequences at all? Not everything can just be based on emotion, you need logic. Thats what I hate about modern politics, EVERYTHING is about emotion. Its not realistic to allow millions in, when millions are always waiting. The reason this crisis started is because of Germany and their policy of "open gates". Otherwise, we wouldn't see 1000s of people drowning trying to illegally enter Europe.

I love how you defend America as Mr.perfect country, but then counterattack his criticism with "we can't use our emotions". I'd have to say that you and others have used their emotions concerning the situation. Of course, it's not as though you're a bad person for doing so. This situation does cause a lot of people to feel irritated at themselves and others.

Also, if you're going to bash on the Middle East, go ahead, I don't care. But don't go around calling Middle Easterners barbarians when the West has a history of screwing around with the area.

I'd have to say that the crisis started way before Germany's open door policy. It was probably around the end of WWI when all of this chaos began to occur. Add in with Israel being randomly inserted, western countries interfering in the Middle East for no reason, destabilizing countries, overthrowing governments, the list goes on. I mean, it's as though problems were trying to be made in the first place.

I have nothing wrong with Israel, but when you randomly put people in a place and kick out others, that isn't going to cope well with others. And as for the Middle East, I have to say that you're being a bit impetuous to believe they're the cause for all of this. Bad judgement from external areas contributed to the situation to consider them a major role in all these issues. Add in the extremists who took advantage and spread like rats, and you've now got a nearly uncontrollable situation.

I'm sure the entire world is biting their fingers, waiting to see how this will play out. The entire Middle East is like a playground to see how living in a Fallout-like world will be like. Gaza and Syria will be inhabitable by...say, 2025 if they're lucky(?) 

What do you think is a valid solution though? Do we simply send them back and allow them to die? Or do we do something else? I don't think any of your posts explained clearly what your ideas are.

Let me ask you. Migrants have already been pouring into Europe for decade's, and its still happening today. Fact is, the world cannot support these people forever. These countries are ruined because of themselves and their people, no one else. People use the west as a delusion to this fact, when in fact we've done lots to help. Tell me, would the middle east be peaceful if America didn't intervene? Would their people have democracy, rights, and much more if the west didn't come in? 

Oh and BTW I'm not defending America at all, I'm telling everyone that Europe isn't at fault ;)

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:
hershel_layton said:

I love how you defend America as Mr.perfect country, but then counterattack his criticism with "we can't use our emotions". I'd have to say that you and others have used their emotions concerning the situation. Of course, it's not as though you're a bad person for doing so. This situation does cause a lot of people to feel irritated at themselves and others.

Also, if you're going to bash on the Middle East, go ahead, I don't care. But don't go around calling Middle Easterners barbarians when the West has a history of screwing around with the area.

I'd have to say that the crisis started way before Germany's open door policy. It was probably around the end of WWI when all of this chaos began to occur. Add in with Israel being randomly inserted, western countries interfering in the Middle East for no reason, destabilizing countries, overthrowing governments, the list goes on. I mean, it's as though problems were trying to be made in the first place.

I have nothing wrong with Israel, but when you randomly put people in a place and kick out others, that isn't going to cope well with others. And as for the Middle East, I have to say that you're being a bit impetuous to believe they're the cause for all of this. Bad judgement from external areas contributed to the situation to consider them a major role in all these issues. Add in the extremists who took advantage and spread like rats, and you've now got a nearly uncontrollable situation.

I'm sure the entire world is biting their fingers, waiting to see how this will play out. The entire Middle East is like a playground to see how living in a Fallout-like world will be like. Gaza and Syria will be inhabitable by...say, 2025 if they're lucky(?) 

What do you think is a valid solution though? Do we simply send them back and allow them to die? Or do we do something else? I don't think any of your posts explained clearly what your ideas are.

Let me ask you. Migrants have already been pouring into Europe for decade's, and its still happening today. Fact is, the world cannot support these people forever. These countries are ruined because of themselves and their people, no one else. People use the west as a delusion to this fact, when in fact we've done lots to help. Tell me, would the middle east be peaceful if America didn't intervene? Would their people have democracy, rights, and much more if the west didn't come in? 

Oh and BTW I'm not defending America at all, I'm telling everyone that Europe isn't at fault ;)

They would be in a position much better than they're currently in. Sure, they may not have started being  more open to homosexuality and all, but it'd be better than having your country being a real life simulator of Fallout 4. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:
barneystinson69 said:

They would be in a position much better than they're currently in. Sure, they may not have started being  more open to homosexuality and all, but it'd be better than having your country being a real life simulator of Fallout 4. 

More like they'd have their oppressive leaders who'd be involved in conflict as well. You know the Iran-Iraq war? Lasted for 10 years, killed over a million people, and was distructive as hell. Guess what, there was no America or Russia in this conflict. How about the Arab spring, which is the main reason we're seeing this "crisis" right now? I don't think America or Eurooe invaded these countries and demanded their people to rise against their leaders.  Hmmm... kinda makes you think.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:
hershel_layton said:

More like they'd have their oppressive leaders who'd be involved in conflict as well. You know the Iran-Iraq war? Lasted for 10 years, killed over a million people, and was distructive as hell. Guess what, there was no America or Russia in this conflict. How about the Arab spring, which is the main reason we're seeing this "crisis" right now? I don't think America or Eurooe invaded these countries and demanded their people to rise against their leaders.  Hmmm... kinda makes you think.

Makes me learn one thing- the arab leaders have been terrible for so long.

Pretty surprising, considering most people have much more progressive views compared to their leaders. Perhaps we can meet at a crossing point and agree that arab leaders are a great contribution to the issue?

WolfpackN64 said:
KungKras said:
Here's how we can deal with it.

Theoretically, we can accept the number of refugees that we are, but our systems aren't designed for it and so we're doing a terrible job at it.
We need to put up systems that spread the refugees out across the countries instead of gathering at the same locations and forming little independand societies within societies. Which is a bad thing. This should be easy. Refugees need to interact with the locals in their daily lives. If it's possible to not have to do that in an area, then we're not spreading them out enough.

The wahabism that Saudi Arabia is spreading throughout the world is a huge problem, and we need to enact laws that prevent religious institutions from being funded from outside interests. Most middle eastern refugees aren't wahabbis, don't let Saudi Arabia give them an imam that is.

Enforce laws and send a clear message that crime is not tolerated. Driver's licenses have trial periods where if you get caught speeding within a couple of years from when you got it, you lose the license. I don't see why citizenship should be different. And educate people about what the laws are. Make sure everyone knows exactly what will get them in trouble.

Make language education better. Either make it mandatory or easy to come by. The language barrier is a problem that separates people, and we want people to mix as much as possible. The language barrier needs to be efficiently eliminated as soon as possible.

And finally don't turn down people fleeing a war zone. America once turned dowan a ship of jews fleeing nazi germany out of fear that they were german spies. How is history looking back at that one? Do you think the people fleeing Syria likes ISIS? You think they want something similar here? Of course they don't. They're the most likely to want to be brought into society.

Thank you for being sensible.

Right back at ya.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Slimebeast said:
KungKras said:
Here's how we can deal with it.

Theoretically, we can accept the number of refugees that we are, but our systems aren't designed for it and so we're doing a terrible job at it.
We need to put up systems that spread the refugees out across the countries instead of gathering at the same locations and forming little independand societies within societies. Which is a bad thing. This should be easy. Refugees need to interact with the locals in their daily lives. If it's possible to not have to do that in an area, then we're not spreading them out enough.

The wahabism that Saudi Arabia is spreading throughout the world is a huge problem, and we need to enact laws that prevent religious institutions from being funded from outside interests. Most middle eastern refugees aren't wahabbis, don't let Saudi Arabia give them an imam that is.

Enforce laws and send a clear message that crime is not tolerated. Driver's licenses have trial periods where if you get caught speeding within a couple of years from when you got it, you lose the license. I don't see why citizenship should be different. And educate people about what the laws are. Make sure everyone knows exactly what will get them in trouble.

Make language education better. Either make it mandatory or easy to come by. The language barrier is a problem that separates people, and we want people to mix as much as possible. The language barrier needs to be efficiently eliminated as soon as possible.

And finally don't turn down people fleeing a war zone. America once turned dowan a ship of jews fleeing nazi germany out of fear that they were german spies. How is history looking back at that one? Do you think the people fleeing Syria likes ISIS? You think they want something similar here? Of course they don't. They're the most likely to want to be brought into society.

Yes, if you are Lebanon or Turkey, beighboring countries with similar countries, you can't turn down truly fleeing people. But there's no reason for them to come to Europe, or rather there's no reason for us to allow them in and cause problems.

Only a small fraction of the total amount of refugees and luck seekers in the Middle east, and they still cause huge problems. How many Syrians were accepted into Europe last year, probably not even half a million, with another half a million young male Afghans and some other groups. And all these cause problems for our countries. And yet there's another 5 million in each country just waiting to come.

So it's hypocricy this blaming the left does that we have to physically accept foreigners when reality is that we're only talking about a fraction we would let in anyway.

I don't see the point in letting in one tenth of all refugees to cause so much problems when the other nine tenths will have to stay and suffer anyway (suffer according to the left, not my words). You don't solve a problem, you just cause new ones.

And a reminder. ISIS is only a small part of the Syrian crisis. It's still mainly a civil war between Assad and rebels of the people who asked for democracy.

Plus saying "they want to be brought into society" sounds a bit simple. Who's society? Your society? Germany? Hungary? Greece? Or the twisted dream image Middle Easterners have of Europe where honey drops down from the trees?

There's a lot of people who flee the terror of Isis and yet want to impose their totalitarian ideology and culture on our society in the long run, willingly or unwillingly.

You seem to think that those refugees are going to cause problems forever. They're not.

Let's look at your hypothetical scenario of only a tenth being helped. Of course it's worth it to help a tenth of those people. It's still tens of thousands of people being helped vs zero.

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
Slimebeast said:

Yes, if you are Lebanon or Turkey, beighboring countries with similar countries, you can't turn down truly fleeing people. But there's no reason for them to come to Europe, or rather there's no reason for us to allow them in and cause problems.

Only a small fraction of the total amount of refugees and luck seekers in the Middle east, and they still cause huge problems. How many Syrians were accepted into Europe last year, probably not even half a million, with another half a million young male Afghans and some other groups. And all these cause problems for our countries. And yet there's another 5 million in each country just waiting to come.

So it's hypocricy this blaming the left does that we have to physically accept foreigners when reality is that we're only talking about a fraction we would let in anyway.

I don't see the point in letting in one tenth of all refugees to cause so much problems when the other nine tenths will have to stay and suffer anyway (suffer according to the left, not my words). You don't solve a problem, you just cause new ones.

And a reminder. ISIS is only a small part of the Syrian crisis. It's still mainly a civil war between Assad and rebels of the people who asked for democracy.

Plus saying "they want to be brought into society" sounds a bit simple. Who's society? Your society? Germany? Hungary? Greece? Or the twisted dream image Middle Easterners have of Europe where honey drops down from the trees?

There's a lot of people who flee the terror of Isis and yet want to impose their totalitarian ideology and culture on our society in the long run, willingly or unwillingly.

You seem to think that those refugees are going to cause problems forever. They're not.

Let's look at your hypothetical scenario of only a tenth being helped. Of course it's worth it to help a tenth of those people. It's still tens of thousands of people being helped vs zero.

They're not? I thought refugees lived forever!