By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Final Fantasy Disease" Infected Square Enix, Says FFXV's Director

Tagged games:

What is your favorite Final Fantasy game?

Final Fantasy IV 7 3.03%

Final Fantasy V 2 0.87%

Final Fantasy VI 33 14.29%

Final Fantasy VII 61 26.41%

Final Fantasy VIII 27 11.69%

Final Fantasy IX 35 15.15%

Final Fantasy X 31 13.42%

Final Fantasy XII 17 7.36%

Final Fantasy XIII 10 4.33%

Other 8 3.46%

Total:231
Nautilus said:

I think Noctis should cross-dress like Cloud.

I'd welcome that.

Around the Network
Wright said:
Nautilus said:

I think Noctis should cross-dress like Cloud.

I'd welcome that.

I would be very surprised if Prompto didn't shop in drag at one point.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

BasilZero said:

“It refers to people within the company who can’t imagine anything other than their own view of Final Fantasy. "

Continuing, he said, “Because of that, there was a time I told off the team, saying, ‘We’re not special. Wake Up.’ Yet, I realized that when Final Fantasy XV news was made public, this wasn’t only inside the company. Everyone has FF disease.”

The voices of those wanting to maintain the status quo, Tabata explained, are certainly the loudest. But, according to him, Final Fantasy has become stronger, bringing it back from the edge of crisis because of the changes. “At this point,” Tabata said, “if the series didn’t modernize, I think it could’ve been done for.”

Oh my God give this man a Nobel Prize.

Yes, Yes, Yes!  This disease isn't only a thing with Final Fantasy... but YES!

You aren't special either just because you played the classic versions.   Thinking that a game has to be a certain way for you is insane.  Let developers try new things and try to appeal to wider audiences. 

IkePoR said:
Damn, Square-Enix! Back at it again with blaming your fanbase for your failures!

Modern Final Fantasy's issues, specifically XIII, are it's directors horrible lack of brevity. That and the never ending "hallways" designed way late in development after SE finished jizzing over how good their engine made Lightning look. Fans don't like the shit you took with with most FFs after X? We must all be diseased.

Its the complete  lack of willingness to accept any change that he is refering to.  Its one thing not to like something for what it is and another thing to not like a game for what it isn't.  Did Final Fantasy 13 have flaws?  Yes, but those flaws were not related to it not being a facsimile of an older title.  

IkePoR said:
 Fans don't like the shit you took with most FFs after X? We must all be diseased.

Most FFs after X? So 2. Sad to think that because of the online FFs, we've had 2 main series FF games in 14 years.

BraLoD said:
The lack of love for XII on this poll is so sad to see.

Agreed, FF like or not, it was a fantastic game.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Agree - VIII's votes should go to V.

There's a reason why people vote for VIII and not for V.

BasilZero said:
Ka-pi96 said:

How do you think FFV fans feel?

Not even a single vote? Sure, it was far from my favourite, but it wasn't that bad...

What? Why V? That seems a bit random of a FF game to pick...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
BasilZero said:

What? Why V? That seems a bit random of a FF game to pick...

Chocobo man is a known FF VIII hater, that's why. >: (

BasilZero said:
Wright said:

Chocobo man is a known FF VIII hater, that's why. >: (

Not my fault the gameplay system is garbage ;o

Or the story being a mess. 

Sorry, but if it took him that long to see this reality, then he might not the best option to direct such a high-profile project, I mean, doesn't he realize that this literally happens with every franchise with nostalgic roots to it? Does he really need to name this concept and label it as a disease? I don't know man, every time this guy opens his mouth it does nothing but reassure me that this game won't be anything special.

I'm now filled with determination.