By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Final Fantasy Disease" Infected Square Enix, Says FFXV's Director

Tagged games:

What is your favorite Final Fantasy game?

Final Fantasy IV 7 3.03%

Final Fantasy V 2 0.87%

Final Fantasy VI 33 14.29%

Final Fantasy VII 61 26.41%

Final Fantasy VIII 27 11.69%

Final Fantasy IX 35 15.15%

Final Fantasy X 31 13.42%

Final Fantasy XII 17 7.36%

Final Fantasy XIII 10 4.33%

Other 8 3.46%

Total:231
Nautilus said:
Anfebious said:

You need to play more JRPG's. No female characters in a party is just wrong. They have been there for years, why the sudden change? Stupid Square doesn't know how to develop a proper RPG anymore.

I play a gigantic amount of RPGs, JRPG specially....  Its also my favorite genre, so I know what Im talking about.

I really dont see the problem, AS LONG AS the relation betwenn the characters work.I mean, as long as you get invested in them, it dosent really matter if the are male, female or a third sex altogether.When the game launches, and the "bromance" does suck, then Ill agree with both of you.As of now, it can be as good as a mixed party, or as bad as a all female party(dont try to fool yourself that Yuna, Rikku and Paine trio in FF X-2was specially good).

Edit:Just thought of another good example.If being a male only party is bad, then KH should have sucked.I mean, Donald and Goofy may tecnically be animals, but they are still males.And that franchise turned out to be one of the bests of all time.

It's going to work, in a very gay way. I have nothing against that but it's not my kind of thing. I can't see FFXV being a good game, sorry.

FF X-2 is amazing, it probably has the best party in a JRPG period.

KH is a great offender to the genre but they included Aqua in BBS so I can forgive them.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
Nautilus said:

I play a gigantic amount of RPGs, JRPG specially....  Its also my favorite genre, so I know what Im talking about.

I really dont see the problem, AS LONG AS the relation betwenn the characters work.I mean, as long as you get invested in them, it dosent really matter if the are male, female or a third sex altogether.When the game launches, and the "bromance" does suck, then Ill agree with both of you.As of now, it can be as good as a mixed party, or as bad as a all female party(dont try to fool yourself that Yuna, Rikku and Paine trio in FF X-2was specially good).

Edit:Just thought of another good example.If being a male only party is bad, then KH should have sucked.I mean, Donald and Goofy may tecnically be animals, but they are still males.And that franchise turned out to be one of the bests of all time.

It's going to work, in a very gay way. I have nothing against that but it's not my kind of thing. I can't see FFXV being a good game, sorry.

KH is a great offender to the genre but they included Aqua in BBS so I can forgive them.

Well, if you play games only to see big boobs and buts and see the glorious giggles physics, then I understand why you think a all-female party is the best.

Pfffffff and who needs playable female charachters in KH when you have Kairi and Namine.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
Anfebious said:

Well, if you play games only to see big boobs and buts and see the glorious giggles physics, then I understand why you think a all-female party is the best.

Pfffffff and who needs playable female charachters in KH when you have Kairi and Namine.

It's not about boobs and buts, it's just that females are required for the game to be interesting. Still boobs and buts are important specially in this genre.

All I need is Aqua to be honest.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

DakonBlackblade said:

Yep, I say this every time if FF XIII had a different name, lets say it was called "Lightning and a buncch of friends go on an adventure" it wouldn't have 1/10th of the haters it has. XIII and specialy XIII-2 are very solid games, they have their flaws but heck they are well put together games that anyone with an open mind can enjoy quite a bit. But its too different from this idealized version of Final Fantasy, wich I believe is somethign very similar to FFVI and/or VII. Even FF VIII, X and XII get lots of flack for being "not Final Fantasy" enought.

Whenever I play a new FF I face it as a completly different game, forget everythign about the others and enjoy the moment. OF course some ppl willprefer this one or that one, but I have a realy ahrd time understanding why most gamers has this ideal version of what FF should be when every entry is its own thing and changes completly from what came before troughout the history of the series.

System has lots of similaritys to Kingdom Hearts. Its definetly not just holding a button. This is just the overall complaint from the ppl that cries over it not being turn based and that went nuts once they saw FFVII remake is probably not going to be turned based either. 

This.

Anfebious said:
Nautilus said:

It's not about boobs and buts, it's just that females are required for the game to be interesting. Still boobs and buts are important specially in this genre.

"It's not about boobs and buts, it's just that females are required for the game to be interesting."

Just admit it man, you are among comrades in arms.Boobs and buts.Everything one man needs in life.

I mean, who cares about narrative, story and all that crap?I think Noctis should cross-dress like Cloud.Would certainly make the game more interesting.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Anfebious said:

"It's not about boobs and buts, it's just that females are required for the game to be interesting."

Just admit it man, you are among comrades in arms.Boobs and buts.Everything one man needs in life.

I mean, who cares about narrative, story and all that crap?I think Noctis should cross-dress like Cloud.Would certainly make the game more interesting.

You still don't get it bro... It's not about boobs or buts... It's all about waifus. No waifu, no gameu.

I definitely don't care, I got through FF XII not understanding what the fuck was going on and it's still one of my favourite FF games.

Some people (like me) have different priorities: Waifus >>> Gameplay. Gameplay >>> Story.

Anfebious said:
Nautilus said:

You still don't get it bro... It's not about boobs or buts... It's all about waifus. No waifu, no gameu.

I definitely don't care, I got through FF XII not understanding what the fuck was going on and it's still one of my favourite FF games.

Some people (like me) have different priorities: Waifus >>> Gameplay. Gameplay >>> Story.

Well, I guess everyone likes their own flavor of tee.I for one, play for the game.If I want only to see cute girls or something more engaging(lets leave it at that), I go to other places.I personally dont get your choice.I find it a waste of money(for that reason I mean).But hey, if you are happy with it, then I guess its also fine.

DakonBlackblade said:
VXIII said:

"If that view of Final Fantasy isn’t fulfilled, then they’re convinced that it’s bad for Final Fantasy."

Sums up exactly what happens in almost every FF related topic. This thread included.

In a general sense, I really appreciate the flexible nature of FF. It makes it what it is.

Yep, I say this every time if FF XIII had a different name, lets say it was called "Lightning and a buncch of friends go on an adventure" it wouldn't have 1/10th of the haters it has. XIII and specialy XIII-2 are very solid games, they have their flaws but heck they are well put together games that anyone with an open mind can enjoy quite a bit. But its too different from this idealized version of Final Fantasy, wich I believe is somethign very similar to FFVI and/or VII. Even FF VIII, X and XII get lots of flack for being "not Final Fantasy" enought.

Whenever I play a new FF I face it as a completly different game, forget everythign about the others and enjoy the moment. OF course some ppl willprefer this one or that one, but I have a realy ahrd time understanding why most gamers has this ideal version of what FF should be when every entry is its own thing and changes completly from what came before troughout the history of the series.

My question about this franchise is:

What's Final Fantasy?

Maybe it's just a name for whatever RPG Square makes.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Damn, Square-Enix! Back at it again with blaming your fanbase for your failures!

Modern Final Fantasy's issues, specifically XIII, are it's directors horrible lack of brevity. That and the never ending "hallways" designed way late in development after SE finished jizzing over how good their engine made Lightning look. Fans don't like the shit you took with with most FFs after X? We must all be diseased.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

People complaining about FF XV combat might just have played games with billion times better real time combat.

That put aside, I have seen nothing, really nothing that woke my interest in FF XV. Maybe I'm to old for all those teen characters in most modern JRPGs. But few manage to bore me in pretty much every aspect than this Final Fantasy.