By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Homefront The Revolution drops to 15fps on consoles, runs smoother on Xbox One

Maybe they'll have it fixed by Black Friday. The game should be $10-$15 by then, and i'll grab it.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

I'm certainly no expert myself, but the guys at DF are, and if that's what their tests are showing, I'll take their word for it.

Their data is always a boon but their still just humans behind those articles and videos so there is always room for error just like how they get frequently corrected by the developers notifying them ... 

Why launch a game in that state? Should have delayed the game and fixed these optimization issues. No excuse for it.

curl-6 said:
binary solo said:

Is it worth sacrificing that 1fps bottom end for the higher res? Tough question.

1fps bottom end lead, but 3fps average lead according to DF's tests.

A cleaner turd, or a slightly more stable turd. Which to choose...

*goes back to staring at leaves in UC4*

fatslob-:O said:
curl-6 said:

Further tests by Digital Foundry on a low end PC suggest that the game is CPU-bound, which would explain why it runs poorly on consoles, with their low-clocked Jaguar CPUs.

Can't infer anything about the performance characteristics on consoles from the PC version ... 

They'll be very disappointed about their findings once they test out the game on a GTX 1080 with the 6700K ... 

The budget PC isn't delivering higher framerates than the X1 counterpart despite having an arguably much more well-rounded CPU ... 

Xbox One runs this game at 900p.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

I'm certainly no expert myself, but the guys at DF are, and if that's what their tests are showing, I'll take their word for it.

Their data is always a boon but their still just humans behind those articles and videos so there is always room for error just like how they get frequently corrected by the developers notifying them ... 

Yes, they are human, but they're far more qualified in this area than I am, so I'm inclined to believe them.

A CPU bottleneck would also help explain Xbox One's lead, as it's CPU runs slightly faster than PS4's.

curl-6 said:

Yes, they are human, but they're far more qualified in this area than I am, so I'm inclined to believe them.

A CPU bottleneck would also help explain Xbox One's lead, as it's CPU runs slightly faster than PS4's.

The game is a lot easier on the CPU than what digital foundry thinks ...

It's running on CryEngine. CryEngine is terrible on consoles. I honestly have no idea why Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and Ryse used CryEngine other than the fact that the developers primarily developed games for PC.

curl-6 said:

The game is a lot easier on the CPU than what digital foundry thinks ...

Could be a case of programmers not being able to handle the 4core+4core cpu architecture of the consoles. Like threads on one Jaguar cache constantly invalidating the other's Jaguar cache. That pretty much kills performance. Or simply poor threading design.

We see many games achieving a sold 30 fps in open world games like Far Cry 4.

Yet DF feels the issue is limitations of console CPUs? No, the problem is clearly this engine needs work.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)