By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Homefront The Revolution drops to 15fps on consoles, runs smoother on Xbox One

I was playing it for a couple hours today and the sad thing is the frame rate isn't even the biggest issue with this game. The game is just boring, the poor frame rate is just another reason to not play it.

Its kinda like a boring version of Frontlines: Fuel of War. That wasn't a notable game either.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
binary solo said:
Hiku said:

PS4: 1080p
XB1: 900p

Is it worth sacrificing that 1fps bottom end for the higher res? Tough question.

This made me chuckle.  I mean if dropping to 900p only got them 1fps more, then something is horribly wrong to begin with.  Smoother. How low have our expectations gone?

CosmicSex said:
binary solo said:

Is it worth sacrificing that 1fps bottom end for the higher res? Tough question.

This made me chuckle.  I mean if dropping to 900p only got them 1fps more, then something is horribly wrong to begin with.  Smoother. How low have our expectations gone?

Average difference is 3fps, not 1.

curl-6 said:
CosmicSex said:

Got it but they clearly say in the analysis that neither version actually plays smooth.  He even goes as far as to say that both have frame pacing issues that causes inconsistent motion throughout.  This litterly means its not smooth. Framerate and delivery of frames are two totally different things.

Even if the framerate is higher, the pacing issues preclude smoothness of any kind.  Do you understand what I'm getting at? 

If they solve the frame pacing issues and Xbox One stays ahead then we can say Xbox One is smoother. If you have pacing issues it means frames aren't being delivered consistently and that produces fluctuations in motion during gameplay...

CosmicSex said:
curl-6 said:

Got it but they clearly say in the analysis that neither version actually plays smooth.  He even goes as far as to say that both have frame pacing issues that causes inconsistent motion throughout.  This litterly means its not smooth. Framerate and delivery of frames are two totally different things.

Even if the framerate is higher, the pacing issues preclude smoothness of any kind.  Do you understand what I'm getting at? 

If they solve the frame pacing issues and Xbox One stays ahead then we can say Xbox One is smoother. If you have pacing issues it means frames aren't being delivered consistently and that produces fluctuations in motion during gameplay...

Smoother =/= smooth, in the same way that if you have two big mountains of different sizes, we still call one of them the "smaller" one even though it is not small.

Around the Network

How did this thread become controversial? Why are people questioning Curl's motives and challenging anything that makes Xbox look better than PlayStation.

Anyway I've played the game for about 8 hours so far. On the technical side it's very messy. Incredibly long load times, freezing when missions end/begin, and a bunch of weird audio and visual glitches. But I'm digging the gameplay. There's a decent amount of choice here. You can choose how to take on objectives, or whether to bypass them completely. The weapon customization system is among the best I've used. And it just feels like you're a resistance fighter, outgunned and outmatched.