By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why would Super Smash Bros 4 come out for NX when NX will back backwards compatibility?

Nintation360 said:

This doesn't make sense to me. Eversince the Wii, Nintendo always had backwards compatibility. I can't see Nintendo not having this feature for their next console... Like why would they? I hope they dont make us pay for games we already own just like how Playstation did.

But what will they do for people to get the more expensive NX version instead of Wii U version? WIll do they do some kind of big dlc? What do you guys think?

I know its a rumor that Smash for Wii U will be released for Wii U. But its a rumor that can come true.           

It would be strange if a game named that wasn't released on the Wii-U, that would be just mocking the Wii-U owners really if it didn't.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
vivster said:
Why wouldn't they toss BC? Sony did 2 consoles with BC and then built a new platform. Nintendo can now do the same. I wonder if there has ever been a console manufacturer that did more than 2 BC consoles in a row.

If you count portables, GBA --> DS --> 3DS.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

I was also thinking that with this rumor and the Zelda NX version means that the NX won't have BC......

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I've read that the NX won't be BC so, that's why the will release the games on it. And most people didn't bought a WII U, but would be eager to get the game. So, NX will be the next opportunity for them.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

not sure - we can say the same for all games then!

Switch!!!

Around the Network
DevilRising said:
Because Modern Nintendo has started to pick up on all of the cheap practices other companies have been pulling over the last decade+, that's why.

:(

Sad but true.

Jranation said:
I was also thinking that with this rumor and the Zelda NX version means that the NX won't have BC......

Well... based on Nintendo history a console having or not having BC didn't effect the launch of the same Zelda game on two different platforms, one of which was perfectly capable of playing both versions of the game, the NX version could well just mean a version with emphasis on the NX gimmick rather than the Wii-U one.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Why would the NX be backward compatible when Smash 4, Mario Maker, Mario Kart 8 and splatoon will be on NX?

anyway, who knows right now? should we spend our time asking ourselves this kind of question when we don't know for sure that those game will get ported to NX or that the NX will be retrocompatible.

Let's come back to have when we have more facts

I HIGHLY doubt NX will be BC. Most consoles don't even do 1 generation back. For Nintendo to do Wii U and sub-sequentially Wii peripherals, while trying to distinguish itself from the Wii brand, wouldn't make much sense.

Nintation360 said:

This doesn't make sense to me. Eversince the Wii, Nintendo always had backwards compatibility. I can't see Nintendo not having this feature for their next console... Like why would they? I hope they dont make us pay for games we already own just like how Playstation did.

VC would like to say hi.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988