By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 4's Graphics Are Beyond Incredible! (*-screenshots may include spoilers-*)

Uncharted 4's graphics are...

Beyond incredible. 586 46.62%

Incredible. 381 30.31%

Great. 146 11.61%

Good. 65 5.17%

Decent. 31 2.47%

Less than decent. 22 1.75%

Other...comment below ;-) 26 2.07%

Total:1,257
John2290 said:
Lrdfancypants said:

I've gotten farther in the game now and I change my vote. Holy cow this game looks amazing!  With this game one shouldn't vote on this poll during the early stages. 

I feel exactly the same man. I updated the thread. It is awe inspiring.

Yeah, it just got better looking.  Well, I mean the settings as you go through the game really start to show the difference.  

I don't think I've had this much fun sliding in, the most ridiculously realistic looking, mud since I was a kid in real life. 

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Around the Network

Sense prevails. It's always good to see.

The PS5 Exists. 

Love the screens and glad to see more people coming around. It really is a game you have to play for yourself and from beginning to end to get a full appreciation for on a technical level. A few of my own:

:)

I've more or less stopped the practice of pixel counting and micro examining graphics this generation because it's come down to an issue of studio talent as well as the amount of time and resources a studio has to put into a finished product which is how it's been on PC for quite some time.

But I will say when I'm thinking the only things that could significantly improve the realism of the graphics are subsurface scattering (for translucency in skin) and occlusion shadow maps (shadows look deeper in the recesses, more accurately mimicking real shadows) games have hit a point of diminishing returns on improvements.

John2290 said:

Not just gamma but chaning it to "game mode" as well as motion blur effects, offset, contrast, dynamic contrast, white balance, ISO, vibrancy, motion lighting, colour and colour tone, black tone, hdmi black levl, dark tone, flesh tone, Mpeg noise filter, Hdmi noise filter, digital noise filter, LED motion plus....theres more settings than that I just can't think of them off the top of my head. What kind of TV are you using? Something from the stone age?

If your TV has PC mode put it onto that and (if your TV allows) adjust the colour, contrast and sharpening to your liking.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Graphics is Unreal, insane; by far the best looking game on any System.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Quite a nice crowd without any slow down

Character detail level is incredible

Textures are a mixed ag yet they went overboard with reflection quality

OMG !!! Thanks for the beautiful pics !

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

John2290 said:

I'd reckon your TV settings may be a little off there, you can get better than this with some fine tuning, 

His TV setting doesn't have anything to do with these screenshots.

The PS5 Exists. 

John2290 said:

Because of file compression?

File compression has an effect sometimes but those screenshots look fine to me. Some people are just better at using light and framing.

The PS5 Exists.