By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 4's Graphics Are Beyond Incredible! (*-screenshots may include spoilers-*)

Uncharted 4's graphics are...

Beyond incredible. 586 46.62%

Incredible. 381 30.31%

Great. 146 11.61%

Good. 65 5.17%

Decent. 31 2.47%

Less than decent. 22 1.75%

Other...comment below ;-) 26 2.07%

Total:1,257
Hynad said:
SJReiter said:

Yes, this was another thing I noticed. As you say, it was infrequent, but there were moments when everything was just a jittering mess cuz the frame rate went in the gutter. I was not expecting this to ever happen in Uncharted 4 and was shocked when it did.

Could it be your PS4? Cause nothing like that happened for me, except for the few odd times right after a cut-scene.

I mean, I guess? But I don't really know what would be wrong with it. I got my PS4 fairly recently (last November) and haven't had any issues with it. Like I said, it was very very infrequent (I think twice in the entirety of the campaign) but it was very jarring when it happened.

Around the Network
SJReiter said:
Hynad said:

Could it be your PS4? Cause nothing like that happened for me, except for the few odd times right after a cut-scene.

I mean, I guess? But I don't really know what would be wrong with it. I got my PS4 fairly recently (last November) and haven't had any issues with it. Like I said, it was very very infrequent (I think twice in the entirety of the campaign) but it was very jarring when it happened.

I doubt it's just a personal console issue. Mine is new as of September/October or so, as well. It's more likely an issue of luck. The game is clearly demanding, so occasionally when too much is going on it's going to happen at least sometimes. It ramped up in frequency near the end of the game when they pull out the bullet sponge enemies and throw them with a bunch of others all at once. It also happened once when I rushed ahead (knowing I'd in all likelihood  die because of RNG AI anyway), so I had maybe 35-40 enemies after me at once from all sides. 

It's very very rare though, but easily noticeable when it does happen. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

John2290 said:
When I made this thread I was just finishing chapter 5. After a few more, I have to retract my original judgement of "Okay" to "great" on my poll scale. It just doesn't have that bang in your face, jaw dropping shine that The Order had and whatever AA solution they are using is ridiculously shite. I buy Uncharted games for, among others, the raised standards of graphics and I feel quite betrayed by naughty dog not giving us a heads up that the game had to be compromised since E3, I thought ND were better than that.

The final graphics are better than the ones shown at E3, so what the heck are you talking about ?

Looks great, not exceptional. Probably as good as it gets this gen though.

It is near the end of the end....

Dont see why people are saying it looks incredible. Saw a friend play it a couple days back, and I thought it was fine but nothing mindblowing. 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Landguy said:
Looks great, not exceptional. Probably as good as it gets this gen though.

Eh, I have to disagree, there.

I probably have to qualify it with "for that kind of game".

It is near the end of the end....

I love these shots:

The PS5 Exists. 

I've gotten farther in the game now and I change my vote. Holy cow this game looks amazing!  With this game one shouldn't vote on this poll during the early stages. 

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

a few from neogaf thread:

Graphics are INSANE!

"Nothing mindblowing", "Just okey"...

Are you come from the future and play with a Nvidia 8core with 100k teraflops in 16k res?? XD

In Sony We Trust!