By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 4's Graphics Are Beyond Incredible! (*-screenshots may include spoilers-*)

Uncharted 4's graphics are...

Beyond incredible. 586 46.62%

Incredible. 381 30.31%

Great. 146 11.61%

Good. 65 5.17%

Decent. 31 2.47%

Less than decent. 22 1.75%

Other...comment below ;-) 26 2.07%

Total:1,257
SJReiter said:
GribbleGrunger said:

But when you pull the camera closer to the character those details appear again. They're ths same models as ND have said time and time again. All the cutscenes are real time. The only difference is the script takes control of the character, not you.

Hmmmm. Well then idk. All I'm saying is that I could tell 100% when a cut scene ended and when gameplay resumed. If it wasn't the character models then idk what it was but it was defintely very clear to me.

The lighting model is improved for cutscenes. ND has said that all of the models and assets are the same, and the lightning model is close to the same. But it does see improvements during cutscenes.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
SJReiter said:
GribbleGrunger said:

But when you pull the camera closer to the character those details appear again. They're ths same models as ND have said time and time again. All the cutscenes are real time. The only difference is the script takes control of the character, not you.

Hmmmm. Well then idk. All I'm saying is that I could tell 100% when a cut scene ended and when gameplay resumed. If it wasn't the character models then idk what it was but it was defintely very clear to me.

The models are the same but the lighting is better in the cutscenes which is probably what you're noticing. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Normchacho said:

The lighting model is improved for cutscenes. ND has said that all of the models and assets are the same, and the lightning model is close to the same. But it does see improvements during cutscenes.

ArchangelMadzz said:

The models are the same but the lighting is better in the cutscenes which is probably what you're noticing. 

Hmmm. Maybe that's all it was. Seemed like more than just lighting, but perhaps it was only that.

SJReiter said:
Normchacho said:

ArchangelMadzz said:

Hmmm. Maybe that's all it was. Seemed like more than just lighting, but perhaps it was only that.

I know, I thought the same thing so I went into photo mode and zoomed way in on Nate's face and sure enough all the detail is there. The light just doesn't hit it the same way it does in the cutscenes.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

I love the visuals but I will say I was surprised that my frame rate tanked at least infrequently. I thought it was gonna easily pass RC16 as the most beautiful looking game to date but there was some chugging that I couldn't ignore. That's made my decision quite tough.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network
DivinePaladin said:
I love the visuals but I will say I was surprised that my frame rate tanked at least infrequently. I thought it was gonna easily pass RC16 as the most beautiful looking game to date but there was some chugging that I couldn't ignore. That's made my decision quite tough.

Yes, this was another thing I noticed. As you say, it was infrequent, but there were moments when everything was just a jittering mess cuz the frame rate went in the gutter. I was not expecting this to ever happen in Uncharted 4 and was shocked when it did.

Personally I find Uncharted 4 a better looking game than the order 1886. The order looks incredible, but it is a little bland in its colour palette, Uncharted on the other hand looks vibrant and I was drooling even on the underwater diving segment.

SJReiter said:
DivinePaladin said:

Yes, this was another thing I noticed. As you say, it was infrequent, but there were moments when everything was just a jittering mess cuz the frame rate went in the gutter. I was not expecting this to ever happen in Uncharted 4 and was shocked when it did.

Could it be your PS4? Cause nothing like that happened for me, except for the few odd times right after a cut-scene.

they're pretty damn good tbh, ive taken a lot of pics, but cant post them here due to spoilers :O

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I think the graphics looks great in certain areas but not so great in other areas. Chapter 10 and 11 look incredible.