By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 4's Graphics Are Beyond Incredible! (*-screenshots may include spoilers-*)

Uncharted 4's graphics are...

Beyond incredible. 586 46.62%

Incredible. 381 30.31%

Great. 146 11.61%

Good. 65 5.17%

Decent. 31 2.47%

Less than decent. 22 1.75%

Other...comment below ;-) 26 2.07%

Total:1,257

Glasses ?

Kidding aside, my Special Edition is coming tomorrow, so I can't tell that much right now, apart from my friends completely blown away by the wonderful graphics.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network

I think we have reached a saturation point and it's difficult to make a leap that really blows you away. I just watched some Uncharted 2 ps3 gameplay expecting it to look ugly in comparison but it still looks fine to me.

That's why i think developers should aim for 60 fps, the graphics difference just isn't worth it in my opinion.

Looks like the general consensus strongly disagrees with you. Each to their own though.

they are really good, but they arent mind blowing, The Order 1886 looks better. but considering the scale and physics uncharted pulls of it looks fantastic. it looks considerably better than The Witcher 3 for example, and that looks marvelous

I mean I haven't played it yet, but judging by the footage I've seen, if that's just ok to you then you're pretty hard to impress.

Around the Network

It may not be out and out the best looking game, undoubtedly some PC and probably PS4 games look better, but when you stop and take in the sheer scale and density of some of the areas, the attention to detail of the environrments, not to mention the character detail particularly in facial expressions and animations, I can't think of a game that comes close as a full package.

Don't ruin the moment

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PC/PS4), Dead Cells (PC)

LordyPlays on YouTube

Angelus said:
I mean I haven't played it yet, but judging by the footage I've seen, if that's just ok to you then you're pretty hard to impress.

He is already playing games on PS5.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Incredible graphics. My problem is mostly with the animations, The variety and adaption to environment are great, but in general they are not grounded enough within the environment. Lacking weight. It really hurt the visual experince for me.

Edit: The Order 1886 looks better imo.

John2290 said:
Guitarguy said:
Looks like the general consensus strongly disagrees with you. Each to their own though.

I'm assuming this General Consensus, who ever he may be didn't play The order 1886 or Ryse son of woom. 

The Order 1886 is very narrow in comparison and has blurry textures in comparison. From the footage I watched, U4 looks much much better than both, all considered.

Harriet Tubman.

John2290 said:
Guitarguy said:

I'm assuming this General Consensus, who ever he may be didn't play The order 1886 or Ryse son of woom. 

I own and played The Order and whilst it does look amazing, alot of that is due to the reduced aspect ratio(black bars top and bottom). Had it have been full screen the frame rate would have been much worse/detail lowered. It still looked amazing though but I do feel Uncharted 4 is in the same league, certainly not far from The Order.