By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So Doom is pretty awesome!

onionberry said:
iNathan said:

The new Doom is pretty damn amazing, the game beta didn't make it justice, the weapons sound great and feel amazing, best shooter since the original Doom so fast and fluid and brutal. 

awesome can't wait, is the story/lore entertaining? it's my first doom, looks fantastic.

No the story is not at all entertaining. They have put some work into the atmosphere and lore. It reminds me of Metroid Prime in that you can collect the info and read it later.

Around the Network

Yep, the difference in feel from the beta is staggering.

MP should never have been the focus for this game. Sure its fun and there is a ''following'' of sorts who enjoy arena shooters, but this is the finest SP campaign for a shooter in years.

Hope the beta didn't turn too many people off because the campaign is fantastic. So far, its my favorite game this gen.

Great single player campaign. Currently playing on ultra violence on my first play through. I have to say its pretty difficult. Some enemies are very powerful. Even a few imps can take you out quickly if you're not paying attention. I love thr fast conflict where speed is king and you rely heavily on your reflexes. And the chainsaw, what a weapon. Just wish there was more fuel for it.

QUAKECore89 said:

Finished the campaign twice, 1st run on Ultra Violence, 2nd run on Nightmare, and maybe 3rd run will be Ultra-Nightmare later.

Wow, twice already? And on really high difficulties. Nice to see there are still hardcore gamers out there.

I'm hearing a lot of praise from users. Good to hear it getting a lot of praise.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
QUAKECore89 said:

Finished the campaign twice, 1st run on Ultra Violence, 2nd run on Nightmare, and maybe 3rd run will be Ultra-Nightmare later.

Wow, twice already? And on really high difficulties. Nice to see there are still hardcore gamers out there.

Thanks. And yeah, i've been hungry for new Doom since 2004. xD

Locknuts said:
onionberry said:

awesome can't wait, is the story/lore entertaining? it's my first doom, looks fantastic.

No the story is not at all entertaining. They have put some work into the atmosphere and lore. It reminds me of Metroid Prime in that you can collect the info and read it later.

I would add that while the story isn't overly entertaining the way your character interacts with it certainly is.  He just does not give a single solitary crap.  And I love how he non-verbally tells all the NPCs trying to defend their actions or explain how this situation is a totally honest mistake to just shut up. xD   He's got one job: destroy the demon threat.  All they need to do is stay out of the way.  But I do like the ambient atmosphere building quite a bit.

Locknuts said:
Wright said:

Better than Wolfenstein: The New Order?

For me, so far no comparison. Doom stomps all over Wolfenstein.

Wolfenstein is awesome so that's good news.  Glad the game is good because it needs the word of mouth for good legs because I don't think it's opening will be huge or anything 

QUAKECore89 said:
Slimebeast said:

What difficulty options are there? Did you start with one higher than normal, then one still higher, and then there's the very highest difficulty left for you now?

Slimebeast said:
QUAKECore89 said:

What difficulty options are there? Did you start with one higher than normal, then one still higher, and then there's the very highest difficulty left for you now?

To young to die

Hurt me Plenty

Ultra Violence

Nightmare

Ultra-Nightmare - Unlocks after you complete the game and has no checkpoints