By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you buy a digital only console?

Would you buy a digital only console?

Yes 163 19.45%

No 479 57.16%

Maybe leaning yes 92 10.98%

Maybe leaning no 104 12.41%

Total:838

My internet is too shit for a 100% online console, we already have the PC Market for who want 100% Digital

Around the Network

I would still buy Playstation 5 which is digital-only instead of the competition which aren't digital-only.
Forever Playstation!!! <3

DaAndy said:
Yes, but only if games were significant! cheaper. But I guess this can not be achieved with a new console.

I am the same as you, they'd have to be competitive so to compete with high street stores. High street would have to sell the digital version of the game and that in turn might make them the same price as the disc copies.

Another option is to do a digital trade in system. In order to download a game you have to go online, right? When you sign into to download a game it checks you licences to see if they are all valid. The trade in will work by you exchanging a game you've already purchased digitally and getting back a 3rd of what the game is currently valued in digital as credit back. This allows people at least to get rid of digital games they don't like or don't want anymore.

Hmm, pie.

short answer: yes

long answer: yes I would

already do it for the PS4, vita and PC, i'm going full digital for a few years now :)

No, too many cons and too few pros.

Around the Network

They would have to make it work just like steam, where I'm assured I'd be able to play the games I bought no matter the changes in platforms in the foreseeable future. The games I buy should belong to me even if they're digital, so they should guarantee availability even 100 years from now.

I already have it, it's called a smartphone

I probably would, but there would have to be a way that I can lend a game to a friend or borrow one.

Platforms: Wii U, New 3DS, PS4, PC

currently playing: 
 -Yoshi's Wooly World 
 -Pokemon X
 -Fire Emblem Fates 

Zone: Europe (Germany)

Fuck yes!!! Digital all the way!!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

yeah