By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - is it still worth buying a 360 now?

is it still worth buying a 360 now? here in germany it only costs 199€ now so i would like to get one but when is the next xbox coming i mean i dont want to have it for a year and then comes the 720! so do u think its worth getting one now???

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

Around the Network

No way is the XBox 360 worth buying. Get a PS3 instead the future of gaming.

I don't think they'll launch another Xbox before 3-4 years, so if you're interested in the games available (and they're some pretty good ones), yes, it still worth getting one.

I_own_a_PS3 said:
No way is the XBox 360 worth buying. Get a Wii instead the future of gaming.

Fixed.

Ya its definitly worth getting one now. The back catalog of games and the relatively cheap price make it a sensible purchase. The 720 won't be out for at least a few years.

Don't just take the opinion of the this forum though. Have a look at what games have been released and what will be released and make your own call.

Around the Network

it is worth it b/c game aer out that are a blast and more will come yet

not to mention the next system is still about 3-4 years away

and its not like the games that are out for it will just disappear

the same goes for a ps2--great library and still a few years of it to come

Imthelegend said:
I_own_a_PS3 said:
No way is the XBox 360 worth buying. Get a PS3 instead the future of gaming.

Fixed.

Double fixed.

to answer the question, get a PS3 or even a ...*shudders* Wii. I think the 720 will be out by 2010 or 2011 at the latest. The Xbox's life was 4 years, so that gives the 360 5-6 years.

I can't see Microsoft releasing another console for quite awhile (I would guess November 2011 or 2012). Simply put it took them until now to get profitable and it wouldn't make any sense to drop the system and start over again losing money at this point.

coolestguyever said:
Imthelegend said:
I_own_a_PS3 said:
No way is the XBox 360 worth buying. Get a PS3 instead the future of gaming.

Fixed.

Double fixed.

to answer the question, get a PS3 or even a ...*shudders* Wii. I think the 720 will be out by 2010 or 2011 at the latest. The Xbox's life was 4 years, so that gives the 360 5-6 years.

We could keep doing this. It would get pretty boring though so lets say Get either a PS3 or Wii instead like what you said in your post.

Excellent online experience, mass effect, bioshock, halo 3, call of duty 4, lost odyssey, gears of war (you cannot ignore this games). Better performance in the multiplatform games... YEP, why not?