By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Are the Captain America movies the best Superhero trilogy?

Which is the best superhero trilogy?

Blade 2 1.18%

Sam Raimi Spider-man 11 6.51%

Nolan's Batman 95 56.21%

Captain America 43 25.44%

Ironman 7 4.14%

X-men 11 6.51%

Total:169

Dark Knight. Cap was pretty good, though.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Around the Network

The Dark Knight Rises is the best in the trilogy and that trilogy is better than Captain America. But they are both amazing.

Puppyroach said:
The Dark Knight Rises is the best in the trilogy

While I wouldn't say I think Dark Knight Rises is better than Dark Knight I still think it is a very good film and gets far too much hate, It's still better then any marvel movie I have seen to date, (and any DC movie other than Dark Knight for that matter...)

The Dark Knight trilogy is still the best superhero trilogy.

Hell, it's probably one of the best film trilogies ever.

Nolan's Batman. And then Captain America. It's a shame that Spider-man 3 is really, really bad, because it would be a worthy second position. B

Around the Network

Nolan's Batman.

I enjoy the Captain America movies for what they are, but they're basically junk food entertainment. Tasty junk food but junk food nonetheless. They're a little sterile/formulaic too.

The Nolan Batman movies elevate to a higher level though the third one got a little stupid. Who knows how the third Batman film would've played out had Heath Ledger lived.

In part I don't think Captain America really has a great villain, there's only a certain amount of drama that can be ramped up when the hero (who is likable) isn't ever really tested in some extreme way.

There's nothing really iconic about the Cap films, the Bale-voice (like it or not) is iconic, the "he's not the hero we need right now but the one we deserve" speech is iconic, the Joker/Batman interrogation scene, "it's not who I am underneath but what I do that defines me" etc. etc. It also popularized the "Bat-Tank".

Also the Hans Zimmer score for the Batman films >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any Marvel movie.

I would say Cap trilogy was better. ONLY because......while I really enjoyed the Nolan Batman trilogy I also was upset with it because it was missing one key factor for Batman in it.....Batman SUCKED at fighting....I mean to be a highly trained Martial Artist batman didn't really use any martial arts Bale was as stiff as can be when it came to fighting. Outside of using gadgets the Nolan Batman wasn't really Batman IMO. While in the captain America movies Captain America was definitely Captain America. So the slight edge is giving to Cap in this one for me.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

I agree. I watched that nolan batman trilogy and while it was good, I wasn't crazy about it (although i am admittedly very anti-batman, i find him very overrated)

Captain America, winter soldier and civil war more specifically, had a great mix of action, comedy and seriousness, while the batman was just generally moody as fuck.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I would say so. MCU hasn't made a bad film but First Avenger is damn close. Probably only above Incredible Hulk in the MCU. That being said the last 2 are quite great. Kinda cheating though when you throw me in there at the end with the other Avengers showing up too apart from Thor and Hulk. I would say I have the best set of movies I'm involved in as I've outshone cap in both Avengers films and in his own movie this time.

I am Iron Man

Soundwave said:

Nolan's Batman.

I enjoy the Captain America movies for what they are, but they're basically junk food entertainment. Tasty junk food but junk food nonetheless. They're a little sterile/formulaic too.

The Nolan Batman movies elevate to a higher level though the third one got a little stupid. Who knows how the third Batman film would've played out had Heath Ledger lived.

In part I don't think Captain America really has a great villain, there's only a certain amount of drama that can be ramped up when the hero (who is likable) isn't ever really tested in some extreme way.

There's nothing really iconic about the Cap films, the Bale-voice (like it or not) is iconic, the "he's not the hero we need right now but the one we deserve" speech is iconic, the Joker/Batman interrogation scene, "it's not who I am underneath but what I do that defines me" etc. etc. It also popularized the "Bat-Tank".

Also the Hans Zimmer score for the Batman films >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any Marvel movie.

geez.  So much wrong in so little time.  That whole "junk food entertainment" description only really applies to the bottom half of the MCU.  Also Rises was a jumbled mess of a film especially everything after the first Bane fight.  Begins also had terrible fight camerawork.  I don't care what Nolan was going for it ended up failing epicly and it's obvious he realized that as he fixed it in the subsequent movies (though still had guys knocking themselves out)

I am Iron Man