By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware and software up!

Boutros said:
Aquamarine said:

You should have put 105K for Call of Duty and 175K for The Division in the Top 10 ranking, silly. They're exact numbers.

Ratchet is what you expect it to be. It had a solid debut...that's about it. It's the best-seller (>207.5K), sure, but it's not like it's this bombastic number rivaling Dark Souls III or anything like that...it's nowhere close.

Oh right lol

So that's what it gives us:

1. Dark Souls III (PS4, XBO) - 504k
2. Ratchet & Clank (PS4) > 207.5k (highest selling Ratchet game)
3. MLB 16: The Show (PS4, PS3) < 185k
4. Tom Clancy’s The Division (PS4, XBO, PC) - 175k
5. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC)
6. Minecraft (XBO, 360, PS4, PS3)
7. Quantum Break (XBO) < 150k (including bundles)
8. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (XBO, PS4, 360, PS3, PC) - 105k
9. NBA 2K16 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3) - 103k
10. Star Fox Zero (Wii U)

The Division is 175,000 with bundle, which is of course almost nothing :P but maybe you should write < 175k.

Around the Network

I remember a time when VGchartz was stealing NeoGaf NPD numbers.

Now it's the other way around. Funny.

Quantum Break is much less than what I expected, damn at those COD bundles, Star Fox is a bit lower than what I expected, while Bravely Second had a relevant drop compared to Bravely Default, even if it was available for less days than Bravely Default in its debut month.

I wonder how both Nintendo games sold digitally, though. I suppose Bravely Second's digital share was higher than SF0's. Aqua, I hope this isn't a stupid request, but is there a digital share average for Nintendo titles? That would be useful for digital estimates.

Ryng_Tolu said:

The Division is 175,000 with bundle, which is of course almost nothing :P but maybe you should write < 175k.

Done!

But by the way is it really 262k - 105k = 157k for the PS4 bundle of Call of Duty: Black Ops III or 262k includes other "packaged units"? I remember George saying something like that but I'm not sure what he meant.

Boutros said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Done!

But by the way is it really 262k - 105k = 157k for the PS4 bundle of Call of Duty: Black Ops III or 262k includes other "packaged units"? I remember George saying something like that but I'm not sure what he meant.

honestly, me too. I don't really get what he said :-/ maybe he was talking about unofficial bundle? Like some promotion or something like this...

Around the Network

Quantum Break sales is a disaster.

It's not possible to have a precise number for Ratchet & Clank?

Boutros said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Done!

Here's the breakdown this month:

105K = Combined SKUs for consoles (aka. standalone data)

262K = Combined SKUs for consoles + hardware bundle + PC sales (virtually non-existent)

262K represents the most "complete" number for Call of Duty sales.

105K shows you the physical / packaged sales at retail software feed.

Mr. Sega said:
Quantum Break sales is a disaster.

It's not possible to have a precise number for Ratchet & Clank?

Teeqoz said:
Can we get precise numbers for R&C, or is 207.5k all we get?

Really interested in knowing how well this game does.

We'll see...I may post it later on (like a few days from now). I'll check to see if what I posted is too excessive, and if I get the greenlight I'll share it.

Wonder what happened to Creamsugar this month?

ExtremeBrawler said:
Quantum Break is much less than what I expected, damn at those COD bundles, Star Fox is a bit lower than what I expected, while Bravely Second had a relevant drop compared to Bravely Default, even if it was available for less days than Bravely Default in its debut month.

I wonder how both Nintendo games sold digitally, though. I suppose Bravely Second's digital share was higher than SF0's. Aqua, I hope this isn't a stupid request, but is there a digital share average for Nintendo titles? That would be useful for digital estimates.

7.9% is the digital share average for software as of FY3/16. Nintendo tends to be a lot lower than companies like Activision / EA / Ubisoft because their games are primarily bought and sold by children and families....and you have to buy a separate harddrive for Wii U digital titles.

It can vary significantly with titles, though. More niche titles (like RPGs) tend to have greater digital dissemination. I would expect >30% digital for Bravely Second, easily.

Can we get precise numbers for R&C, or is 207.5k all we get?

Really interested in knowing how well this game does.