By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware and software up!

Swordmasterman said:
Naufraguito said:

I've been reading Microsoft is doomed, and how they will leave the videogames market since 360 (because PS3 sold more YoY some years), a 10% down is not a reason for some reactions here, they did a lot of ads, and discounts, and bundles, like they have been doing since they are clearly defeated by PS4. Not a very good month for XBO, not a very bad month either.

Is a little exhausting reading the same for years and over two different generations. But hey, they can keep saying the same every year, some day they will be right for sure!

They are Down YOY with a exclusive  that was awaited for over 3 Years, Microsoft's Biggest New IP, and a 50US$ Price Cut, they should have been atleast Flat on USA, if the things are becoming bad on USA, the things are worse out-side of it.

An exclusive that, seeing the numbers wasn't that anticipated, are You trying to say to me that if they wpuld have been flat, then everithing would be ok and no one would be dooming Xbo and Microsoft? I don't think so.

I don't know if MS would make another console after Xbo, I don't know if Sony would either, but The performance of Xbo is not a reason to leave the market AT ALL.

Microsoft is a legitimate competitor in the videogames market like Nintendo, and Sony, please stop pretending we are in Original Xbox times again.

Tim and The Princes...

Around the Network
Naufraguito said:
Swordmasterman said:

They are Down YOY with a exclusive  that was awaited for over 3 Years, Microsoft's Biggest New IP, and a 50US$ Price Cut, they should have been atleast Flat on USA, if the things are becoming bad on USA, the things are worse out-side of it.

An exclusive that, seeing the numbers wasn't that anticipated, are You trying to say to me that if they wpuld have been flat, then everithing would be ok and no one would be dooming Xbo and Microsoft? I don't think so.

I don't know if MS would make another console after Xbo, I don't know if Sony would either, but The performance of Xbo is not a reason to leave the market AT ALL.

Microsoft is a legitimate competitor in the videogames market like Nintendo, and Sony, please stop pretending we are in Original Xbox times again.

I'm not saying that they will leave the Market, and Quantum Break was a very awaited tittle otherwise Microsoft wasted Marketing opportunities with other games, because they are promoting this game since the launch of the console, and Quantum Break was their biggest Gameshowcase on Gamescon 2015 on Germany, the game simple did not sold well and was bashed by the reviews.

The ones that we know for Microsoft, the New Ip we will see from them are Sea of Thiefs, Scalebound, and Recore (i still don't know what genre it is).

From all those games Quantum Break was the biggest, the others have chances of doing well, but i doubt that a Open World Japanese RPG will do miracle for the Xbox, maybe the console can hit 100 Thousands Life-time units on Japan with Scalebound.

Comments on the sell-through of some titles:

Dark Souls III - 504K

MLB 16 the Show - Just below 185K

The Division - 175K including bundles

Quantum Break - Somewhere below the 150K mark INCLUDING BUNDLES

Call of Duty: Black Ops III - 105K (standalone) 262K (including bundles)

NBA 2K16 - 103K (standalone)

Bravely Second: End Layer - Below the Top 10 (so <100K), but not significantly

Failures this month include:

Pokemon Rumble World - WELL BELOW the 50K mark

Tales from the Borderlands - WELL BELOW the 25K mark

That's awesome thanks! :D

OP updated with all info. Only Ratchet missing now!

Thank you

Around the Network
Aquamarine said:

Dark Souls III - 504K

Tales from the Borderlands - WELL BELOW the 25K mark

So, we don't have a Million seller on USA this month ?, what a shame, atleast next month we will have Overwatch, Doom, Uncharted 4, to try reach the 1 Million Mark.

Thanks for the software numbers.

All we're missing is Ratchet's numbers now. Not a good month of software for VGC. Everything, excluding Dark Souls III, was overtracked.

Boutros said: 
Aquamarine said:

Dark Souls III - 504K

Tales from the Borderlands - WELL BELOW the 25K mark

That's awesome thanks! :D

OP updated with all info. Only Ratchet missing now!

You should have put 105K for Call of Duty and 175K for The Division in the Top 10 ranking, silly. They're exact numbers.

Ratchet is what you expect it to be. It had a solid debut...that's about it. It's the best-seller (>207.5K), sure, but it's not like it's this bombastic number rivaling Dark Souls III or anything like that...it's nowhere close.

The Division dropped by 90% MOM................. :(

....oh well... great Dark Souls though, very close to what i expect.

Can you post 3DS numbers aqua? Also, last quesion :p split for Dark Souls 3! :D

Aquamarine said:

You should have put 105K for Call of Duty and 175K for The Division in the Top 10 ranking, silly. They're exact numbers.

Ratchet is what you expect it to be. It had a solid debut...that's about it. It's the best-seller (>207.5K), sure, but it's not like it's this bombastic number rivaling Dark Souls III or anything like that...it's nowhere close.

Oh right lol

So that's what it gives us:

1. Dark Souls III (PS4, XBO) - 504k
2. Ratchet & Clank (PS4) > 207.5k (highest selling Ratchet game)
3. MLB 16: The Show (PS4, PS3) < 185k
4. Tom Clancy’s The Division (PS4, XBO, PC) - 175k
5. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC)
6. Minecraft (XBO, 360, PS4, PS3)
7. Quantum Break (XBO) < 150k (including bundles)
8. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (XBO, PS4, 360, PS3, PC) - 105k
9. NBA 2K16 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3) - 103k
10. Star Fox Zero (Wii U)