By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does Naughty Dog think we are children?

Uncharted has always been an excuse to just stitch together a bunch of exciting, good looking set pieces. Naughty themselves have said so in in interviews.
It's one reason I've never really gotten into the series. But I still respect it.

Around the Network

I don't mind the hints because they make the wait for the next cut-scene shorter. The best part of the game.

Hynad said:
walsufnir said:

Although your personal attack adds *nothing* to the actual discussion:

Oh,wait, it's you, quoting me in a Sony exclusive game thread.

Nothing we've never seem before.

It is (again) maybe too much to not pick posts for personal attacks but look at other posts to actually start a discussion with a discussion in mind in the first place.

When you show the same "critical" points of view for stuff coming out on the XBO, then I'll consider taking your inputs on Sony related stuff as significant.

But it does help to have played what you're talking about before commenting about it. ^__-

Do you want people to only discuss about games in threads they actually own? Then the forums would be a wasteland. I only took the information provided in the OP which I was referring to, obviously. ^_-

Btw: I don't even own an XBone. Not that your kind would care anyway though when making assumptions ;)

play the game on hard mode then tell me its for kids.

the hints are about game mechanics, which there are many, i dont see a big deal when they mention them. they certainly dont tell you how to complete a level or help you do so.

Hynad said:

You get a prompt for a hint when you take too much time wandering around or most likely when you die too, but if you don't press the arrow key, the hint isn't given.

So I don't see what the problem is.

Maybe you're simply not so good at playing video games... Because if you do get those hint prompt and complain about it, maybe you are one of those for whom those hints were created for.

I'm at chapter 10 and died 4 times. 3 times because the game gives me the impression I can savely drop to the ground, while in reality it is a deadzone. One time because I screwed up sneaking.

I've been a gamer since the N64 days. The Dark Souls series belong to my favorite games ever. I don't want a game to tell me at chapter 9 that I need to cover when facing enemies. I don't want to get hints to help me through a game which is already too easy. At least give me the option to turn it off.

Around the Network

Only reason you keep getting game hints, your either dying alot or taking too long, so maybe the game is right to treat you like a child?

Naughty Dog wants to adress non-gamers with Uncharted 4 too.

betacon said:
Only reason you keep getting game hints, your either dying alot or taking too long, so maybe the game is right to treat you like a child?

Not when he turned the hints off...

betacon said:

I don't die a lot and game hints are turned off. So you're basically saying the game does not motivate the player to explore the world. I always look and go in every direction to find hidden treasures of paths. 

walsufnir said:
Hynad said:

When you show the same "critical" points of view for stuff coming out on the XBO, then I'll consider taking your inputs on Sony related stuff as significant.

But it does help to have played what you're talking about before commenting about it. ^__-

Do you want people to only discuss about games in threads they actually own? Then the forums would be a wasteland. I only took the information provided in the OP which I was referring to, obviously. ^_-

Btw: I don't even own an XBone. Not that your kind would care anyway though when making assumptions ;)

I think the point is that the OP seems to be exaggerating his point for some people who have played it. 

For instance, I have not even noticed the constant hints he is talking about save push L3 to view where to go (which is not very often at all so far) and the beginning of the game which is a tutorial of sorts on gameplay mechanics.  I must be blind or either he is susceptible to them. I don't even notice it except for what I pointed out. 

Playing the actual game obviously helps in being able to comment on gameplay. 

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....