By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does Naughty Dog think we are children?

HintHRO said:
betacon said:
Only reason you keep getting game hints, your either dying alot or taking too long, so maybe the game is right to treat you like a child?

I don't die a lot and game hints are turned off. So you're basically saying the game does not motivate the player to explore the world. I always look and go in every direction to find hidden treasures of paths. 

What level difficulty are you playing the game on?  I've seen this mentioned but I haven't noticed you actually answer it yet.  If you have pardon me.

maybe that is forcing more hints than for others. 

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Around the Network
Lrdfancypants said:

What level difficulty are you playing the game on?  I've seen this mentioned but I haven't noticed you actually answer it yet.  If you have pardon me.

Currently playing at normal. 

HintHRO said:
Hynad said:

You get a prompt for a hint when you take too much time wandering around or most likely when you die too, but if you don't press the arrow key, the hint isn't given.

So I don't see what the problem is.

Maybe you're simply not so good at playing video games... Because if you do get those hint prompt and complain about it, maybe you are one of those for whom those hints were created for.

I'm at chapter 10 and died 4 times. 3 times because the game gives me the impression I can savely drop to the ground, while in reality it is a deadzone. One time because I screwed up sneaking.

I've been a gamer since the N64 days. The Dark Souls series belong to my favorite games ever. I don't want a game to tell me at chapter 9 that I need to cover when facing enemies. I don't want to get hints to help me through a game which is already too easy. At least give me the option to turn it off.

You're 4 hours into the game and at Chapter 10 and go slowly and "I always look and go every direction to find treasures of paths"?

I'm at almost 3:40:48/ chapter 8 and I've barely explored anything.  

Marco....

HintHRO said:
Lrdfancypants said:

I died at least 50 times in the game.lol

I just jumped where I thought I saw an edge and died. Also grenades fucked me up...

HintHRO said:
Lrdfancypants said:

I'm on moderate, just checked and I don't really notice them.  Sometimes I see something pop up but I'm busy doing something in the game and didn't even have time to read or know what it said.  

Edit: my game hints are turned on. I'll turn them off and see if I notice any difference. Although, I'm probably a bad judge on it since I didn't notice it much already. It could be a glitch or maybe they don't consider what you're seeing game hints(weird I know)?  I'll play around with my settings. 

Marco....

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
d21lewis said:
One of my only gripes in Uncharted games. The other being mindless waves of enemies already waiting in the area I just discovered.

I like the feeling of satisfaction of figuring out a challenging puzzle but sometimes the game gives you the answer before you even realize you were stuck. I was just looking for treasure!

I've always said Uncharted is padded out by a being a mindless gallery shooter. If anything, Uncharted 4 has improved combat scenes. But they still aren't great and I often just wanna get them over with.

Unfortunately, the game pushes more cinematics than ever. I haven't found the puzzles to be very challenging and few have been fun.

Isn't that the TPS action genre in general?  Many of the ones I've played are very similar in how you've described uncharted. Especially the ones I've played in recent memory. (TR, The Order, UC collection, UC4 and probably others I'm forgetting).  

Marco....

I didn't play Uncharted 4 yet and also didn't see much of it but yeah, this kind of stuff annoys me as well in games nowadays. Sometimes you are like "hmm, let's see what is here" and then the damn game just tells you that you are wrong. I mean, common, I will realize that I'm wrong or that I did something wrong and then I simply try the next thing out. That's one of the reasons why I want to play this game, otherwise I can just watch a playthrough of it.

Maybe one of the many reasons why I don't play so much new stuff nowadays and went back to old games or new games which are made like the old ones just with useful improvements. 

Insultment? Perhaps we are children.

if you were playing it the right way you wouldn't need the tips, so perhaps you are guilty as charged?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

crissindahouse said:

I didn't play Uncharted 4 yet and also didn't see much of it but yeah, this kind of stuff annoys me as well in games nowadays. Sometimes you are like "hmm, let's see what is here" and then the damn game just tells you that you are wrong. I mean, common, I will realize that I'm wrong or that I did something wrong and then I simply try the next thing out. That's one of the reasons why I want to play this game, otherwise I can just watch a playthrough of it.

Maybe one of the many reasons why I don't play so much new stuff nowadays and went back to old games or new games which are made like the old ones just with useful improvements. 

Play Dark souls. That game isn't afraid to scare people of with high difficulty and rewards you greatly for exploring every inch of the game. In fact, I played DS3 before purchasing UC4. Maybe the bridge from hardcore to casual is too much for me to handle.