By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So do u like the new pokemon trailer?

Ka-pi96 said:
Slarvax said:

U wot m8!? Popplio is cool and silly. And a clown. He's top tier starter. Litten, on the other hand, looks like a barfed cat.

Rowlet is fine.

OT: besides the Pokemon themselves (which I'm sure we will all get used to them later on), it looked pretty good. No more 8-grid movement, gameplay looks like cutscenes from XY/ORAS (so no more chibi looking people), customization is back, and the region looks quite big and interesting. Pretty good.

eh? I'll give you the interesting part, but it looked pretty small to me. My only hope is that with it looking like Hawaii that it's based on it will be made up of multiple large islands and we've only seen one of them so far.

That is what I imagine it is.

Around the Network

Pokemon designs are meh, but the region looks great, basically confirmed to be based off Hawaii. Full 3D movement is awesome aswell as actually being able to see your trainer in battle.

SmokedHostage said:
Solgaleo and Lunaala just look overdesigned. It's like subtlety in Pokémon design went out the window with both of them.

I suppose that Popplio is the new Oshawatt now. Honestly, Rowlet is my personal favorite of the three starters but I just feel sorry for anyone who uses Popplio. I genuinely hope it evolves in something far better.

Popplio is my fave! He's soooo cute <3

Ka-pi96 said:
Acevil said:

That is what I imagine it is.

Hope so. Although looking at it again I'm not sure there would even be enough places to have 8 gyms if that's all there is to the region

Although if it does end up as an island chain then it could potentially be my new favourite region (sorry Hoenn)!

I guess in-game everything looked bigger to me xD

But that would be logical. They already did it with FireRed/LeafGreen, so it isn't unheard of.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

... Is that a Digimon?? That Sun legend totally looks like it should be a Digimon
Well good thing I dont mind Digimon I guess. Rowlet is best starter although I think they are kinda average.
Anyway guess it will just be another prettier Pokemon game that doesnt truly do anything to make it more worth playing then the previous games when it comes to the SP story. I dunno, hopefully its a return to form.

Around the Network

I think these starters are the best in a long time! I found that I wasn't cringing or disappointed, and enjoyed seeing them all! And the new legendaries, especially moon - *drools* how awesome is that?! Like a Pokemon version of Dracula

Rowlet is the cutest Grass type starter ever.

Also, the region's name being Alola is dangerously close to Aloha.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Ka-pi96 said:

Popplio confirmed to be an evil bully! Poor little Rowlet

Ha he's looking better to me already! Just wonder what his second type will be after evolving. I can only see Ice or Psychic, neither of which would be that great.

Wow i cant believe im starting to like all the starters now. Litten will be the majority fav while rowlet will be the best and popplio will be the LoVE Or HaTE it Pokemon

The bird looks cute, the cat looks okay, and the seal looks butt ugly. I'll get the bird, team Rowlet go.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.