By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: NX will do better than N64 and outsell X1 lifetime...

Swordmasterman said:
CosmicSex said:
Don't you guys ever get worried is that if you speculate too much you will just end up letting yourself down? I believe best thing to do it's just wait and see. If you go in with no expectations you are bound to be pleased with the results. And if not at least you won't feel let down.

I Have never seen anything like the NX Rumors, they will last  until the NX's Launch.

They will probably keep going even after release lol. 

Around the Network

Just wanted to say that I am sticking to my guns here, with one minor change. I would like to change my 60mil prediction to 80-90mil lifetime.

Still not sold on "Wii level" sales but it will still outsell the X1 but fall short of the PS4 by the time Switch 2 is released IMHO.

and yes, I necro bumped =P

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Quite the prediction you made back then only thing you may be wrong on is it not reaching PS4 level sales as it's looking like it will.

Shiken said:

But will not reach PS4 level sales.  Overall I think that with Zelda as a launch title, proper releases of classic games like a new 3D Mario, Metroid, NEW Star Fox (not a cheap N64 remake), 3D Donkey Kong, Pokemon, Fire Emblem etc we could see a very STRONG start.

Follow that up with newer franchises like Xenoblade and Splatoon with a few third party contracts for other exclusice titles, and the NX will be a success for Nintendo and in the end profitable.  The reason it will not reach PS4 sales is because the PS4 has become the home for 3rd party multiplats.  Just having those games on NX will not be enough to beat Playstation at this time, but Nintendo has more than enough IP (more than any other console maker) that with proper 3rd party support (NX exclusive titles) it will have a powerful identity as the console everyone will want ALONGSIDE their PS4 or X1.

I also feel that while the NX will not reach PS4 level sales, it could still outsell the NEO version as NEO will offer nothing new to the table, while the NX will be a whole new experience.

EDIT:  To put a number on it, 60 mil.  It will not sell as much as PS360, but will outsell the X1 and N64.  It will also be profitable for Nintendo.

Holy shit!

you got it mostly right. Maybe a bit below the mark on sales, but with all the details you’re damn close!

The Prophet!

Last edited by Jumpin - on 23 December 2017

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Slarvax said:
I dont know about Xbox One. It's still outselling the 360, so it might be difficult.
Like I've said before though, just for not having the Wii or DS name it's gonna sell much better than 3DS and/or Wii U. People dont realise how much those names damaged the systems potential.

Interesting. XBO looks like will have a hard time outselling the 360 now, so that doesn't seem hard for the Switch anymore. I like my second statement tho

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
Shiken said:
barneystinson69 said:

Bold prediction. Expect this to be bumped in a few years when you're most likely wrong.

I will bump it myself as I am most likely right.

Nice.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Hiku said:

Around Gamecube is kinda where I see it ending up at worst right now. But I have no reason to believe it will be a worst or best case scenario yet. It's still pretty early to get a good grasp on long term support. It could really end up anywhere for all I know. Around a year from now I think we'll have a better grasp of what long term support will look like.

If the momentum continues, it will finish WAAAAYY above that. Seems like a perfect storm to me, they're ramping up production very dramatically and at the same time there is HUGE pressure from the industry to support the Switch NOW. We'll only feel the effect of this rising momentum next year.

HOWEVER, for many reason I won't go into here, there is a high change the entire financial system will reset(that is, go to zero) sometimes next year. That means, sales won't move for any company until the Central Banks introduce a new money system, and that can take take a while.

So, while it looks like the Switch is headed for 2018 heaven, it will depend entirely on the world's situation coming forward. Same is true for every other console.

RolStoppable said:
Looks like your reasoning was rather far off. You got the part about Nintendo IPs mostly right (almost everything already released or is confirmed to be in development), but I think that everybody expected most of those games to be put on NX anyway.

You made the assumption that NX will get AAA third party games, but it got hardly any up till now and won't get many more in the future. NX having those games, but PS4 being the console of choice for those games was your reason why NX would not sell more than the PS4.

You were certainly right about NX beating Neo. It has already done that comfortably and will continue to do so.

Overall though, this was just guessing. At the time this thread was made, next to nothing was known about NX. You deserve credit for not being as pessimistic as many others though.

For being a wild guess, I would say only being off about the whole AAA games thing is quite impressive.  Still, this could turn out to be true...

DOOM

NBA2k18

WWE2k18 (horridly rushed port)

Wolfenstein 2

Came before 3rd parties started taking it seriously.  There is still time for this to be a thing.  At the very least, AA games will be on it.  Still, I will accept defeat on this argument for now.  Dont know enough about 2018/19 to be certain enough to argue it right now lol.

One thing is for certain though...there is a LOT of crow to be served throughout this thread!  XD

Slarvax said:
Shiken said:

I will bump it myself as I am most likely right.

Nice.

Man of my word.  ;)

Merry Christmas !!