By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo of America put a lot of effort to censor a cleavage in Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

DivinePaladin said:
but pretty much only YOU care about it.

Eh, I care. I don't like black mist over people's boobies. :(

Around the Network
Wright said:
DivinePaladin said:
but pretty much only YOU care about it.

Eh, I care. I don't like black mist over people's boobies. :(

I'm referring to the whole of the localization.  Since day one Ruler has had some vendetta against it for slight wardrobe shifts and it's getting ridiculous.  Obviously I'd prefer if the localization is generally better than whatever the hell is going on in this example, which so far it has been, but using an intentionally-picked example (probably the worst example of localization in the game, I'd assume) to prove a point is exactly how you run a witch hunt.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

twintail said:
KLAMarine said:

I'd recommend you read this: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/04/22/atlus-localization-for-tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe/

You should too, considering:

Any changes made to the in-game content were due to varying requirements and regulations in the many different territories Nintendo distributes its products.”

Not surprisingly, you're not the first to quote mine in this way. Let's take into considering the WHOLE of the quote, not just the end part:

"Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE was localized by Atlus in a way that is consistent with the localization work they do on games they publish. It was a priority to ensure the game feels familiar and appeals to longtime Atlus fans. Any changes made to the in-game content were due to varying requirements and regulations in the many different territories Nintendo distributes its products."

DivinePaladin said:
Where in that video does it state that Nintendo is responsible here?

And again, I'm going to make a quick note that you consistently make these threads bashing NoA for censorship on this game, and not only is Nintendo not localizing it, but pretty much only YOU care about it. Your witch hunt stopped being cute a while ago.

Some people are assuming it's NIntendo  because it's the in thing to do right now I guess, and missing the fact that in any industry that has a rating system this happens all the time.  And they are trying to spin the offical statement that said Atlas is localizing it, by saying it says something it doesn't.

twintail said:
KLAMarine said:

I'd recommend you read this: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/04/22/atlus-localization-for-tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe/

Any changes made to the in-game content were due to varying requirements and regulations in the many different territories Nintendo distributes its products.”

So they localised the game in a wa they would normally do it, but have to conform to Nintendo's stipulations. After all, they are the publishers so they make the final call.

Maybe grammar is failing me, but I think that the 'requirements and regulations' refer to the noun 'territories' not 'nintendo' in this context. As in, they're altering content in order to fit the diffrent rating systems across the countries the game is going to be published in.

Those have nothing to do with Nintendo. Nintendo just happens to intend to publish there.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

Wtf nintendo? seriously a tiny bit of cleavage and you have to cover the intire cheast of a woman, in dark smoke?

Would this have happended if the game was sold on playstation? I honestly dont think it would.

Both of them have had a history of censorship before: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_regionally_censored_video_games

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-10-01-sony-confirms-beyond-censored-in-europe

Sony aren't exactly a raunchy "I like boobies" kind of company , you know the kind that flex that kind of imagery about like nobody's business both in store and out.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

twintail said:

So they localised the game in a wa they would normally do it, but have to conform to Nintendo's stipulations. After all, they are the publishers so they make the final call.

That line is refferring to the ratings system of different regions if anything. Nintendo distributes to many countries and the product adheres to the regulations of thos countries.

ffs, why bother censoring in the first place, no matter what?

One: I can't believe people are still kicking up a stink about things like this that don't effect the game in any real way.

Two: we all have the internet, and there's far better looking boobs on it

Three: is op going to make a new thread every time he finds out about a new change in this game? Surely one thread is enough?

It's weird because this apparently wasn't censorsed in Fire Emblem Fates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16e_a8B_3kY