By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo of America put a lot of effort to censor a cleavage in Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

Volterra_90 said:
outlawauron said:

Have you seen the content that was cut from Dungeon Travelers 2? or the content that remains in Dungeon Travelers 2? Go take a look at this review and the screenshots below it. I would post them here in the thread, but I would likely be moderated. 

Yeah, obviously Dungeon Travelers 2 is much more... NSFW than TMS#FE. My point is that Atlus adapt their games to sell in different European regions, adjusting to the countries' regulations. If they aim to make TMS#FE a rated T game, and providing that regulations are harsher every day, I understand why they have to censor the content. Probably just because of some cleavages and booties, this game would be rated M in some countries. 

But once again, they've released T-rated games that are more scandalous (nothing in TMS#FE is remotely NSFW) in all NA/EU territories. The content there didn't cause any uproar, nor did they need a higher rating. This is something that is largely limited to Nintendo's platforms. 

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:

But once again, they've released T-rated games that are more scandalous (nothing in TMS#FE is remotely NSFW) in all NA/EU territories. The content there didn't cause any uproar, nor did they need a higher rating. This is something that is largely limited to Nintendo's platforms. 

Australia, for example, is really strict with censorship, I'm not sure if it'll pass the T-rating filter in that country... Again, I don't think it's a matter of being in a Nintendo platform. I mean, what about Cia from Hyrule Warriors then? That was a cleavage XD. And it's a Nintendo's IP. That game didn't pass the T-rated filter in that country, and it's rated M by the way(+15 in Australia if I'm right). I think it's a bit too much, of course. But that's their rating system. You can adapt the game to each country, or just adapt the game from every country. It's not like we won't enjoy the game because I don't see that boss tits. 

umegames said:
The crazy thing is those boobs are NOTHING compared to CIA of hyrule warriors!

And it was a Teen rated Zelda game at that..  Though the #FE demon girl in the OP's costume does look like pasties in the bra design.

HaHa! It actually draws more attention to the BooBs and makes you think, "I want to see what's behind it." It does.

lol some people really thinks this is not Nintendo's call? Play some Atlus games before saying that, pretty sure they don't care about that stuff. Besides, it's a Nintendo IP, of course they have the last word on everything

Around the Network

That method of covering it up tho... if anything it draws the attention to the covered area far more than just showing it with the original graphic I think.

Nuts, and pointless imo.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Atlus is the company localizing the game, not Nintendo. However, I imagine Atlus is censoring the game because Wii U doesn't really have a userbase with a reputation for consuming M-rated titles. Censoring some cleavage for a T rating makes sense if Atlus thinks it'll improve sales.

Who ever fucking did that censorship made it just look awful. Like, if you wanna censor the cleavage, then put some clothes of that creature to cover up them or do changes to the viewpoint. Now it just looks like the breasts are buggy as fuck.

twintail said:
KLAMarine said:

Not surprisingly, you're not the first to quote mine in this way. Let's take into considering the WHOLE of the quote, not just the end part:

"Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE was localized by Atlus in a way that is consistent with the localization work they do on games they publish. It was a priority to ensure the game feels familiar and appeals to longtime Atlus fans. Any changes made to the in-game content were due to varying requirements and regulations in the many different territories Nintendo distributes its products."

The quote says nothing that I didn't already say myself in my previous message:

Actually, the portion you left out says a bit more:

"Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE was localized by Atlus in a way that is consistent with the localization work they (Atlus) do on games they (Atlus) publish."

Seems to credit localization to Atlus, not Nintendo.

Volterra_90 said:
Shadow8 said:

But isn't Nintendo overseeing the localization? Because if that's the case, then they have final word on everything.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/04/22/atlus-localization-for-tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe/

"Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE was localized by Atlus in a way that is consistent with the localization work they do on games they publish."

I don't think that Nintendo released a public statement like this if this wasn't true. I mean, you don't lie about one of your biggest 3rd party supporters XD. The final statement makes me believe that they adapted the content so they can release the game rated T in all regions. Providing this game is already very niche, I don't think it'll precisely harm the game to reach more user base. 

OH no!  Nintendo would never put out a misleading and/or untruthful statement- If Nintendo and or Reggie says it you know it has to be the absolute truth

I am not saying this statement is true or  not as i am not follwing this game closely at all-  BUT to say the fact Nintendo says something is a reason to beleiv  it to be true is naive -