By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Media Create 4/25/16 – 5/1/16 - #1 PS4

Look at Yokai Sangokushi, Kirby and DQMJ3 taking the top 3 thrones in April!!! And Nintendo being the top publisher!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Look at Yokai Sangokushi, Kirby and DQMJ3 taking the top 3 thrones in April!!! And Nintendo being the top publisher!

You really are counter to Kero aren't you. I mean I support it, but it is funny.

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 26 July 2018

OttoniBastos said:
Kerotan said:
YOY WEEKLY COMPARISON:
2015 -----> 2016
3DS 26k to 25.5k
PS4 19.8k to 28.6k
PSV 18.4k to 20.2k
Wii U 22.9k to 10k

As we can see 3DS and Vita only slight decreases.
Ps4 is the big winner with a very good YOY increase.
Wii U with a very significant drop.

PS4 YTD 2015 vs YTD 2016
Media-create:
2015 - 478k
2016 - 476k

Famitsu:
2015 - 447k
2016 - 546k

As we can see ps4 about to go ahead with mediacreate but on Famitsu where they've alligned the weeks properly ps4 is way ahead already. 2016 is a great year for the ps4!

are mediacreate numbers misalligned? how so?

There's a difference in what week is Week 1 for 2016. Famitsu and Media Create aren't aligned.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
OttoniBastos said:

are mediacreate numbers misalligned? how so?

There's a difference in what week is Week 1 for 2016. Famitsu and Media Create aren't aligned.

Which one has 54 weeks and which one has 53/55 weeks? The one thathas 54 should be more correct no?

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Jranation said:

You really are counter to Kero aren't you. I mean I support it, but it is funny.

It is, indeed.

OT: Good increase for PS4. I hope U4 does decent at launch :D

Acevil said:
outlawauron said:

Which one has 54 weeks and which one has 53/55 weeks? The one thathas 54 should be more correct no?

They have the same number of weeks in total, but each tracker will end 2016 at different week. That's my understanding of it anyways. Won't matter in long run, but for YTD comparisons, it's noteworthy.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Acevil said:
Jranation said:

I'm pro active, while he's reactive.  I post the way I always have and don't change.  He posts like that because of me so I've changed him. 

I know which I'd rather be. 

OT: does uncharted 4 show up in next week's media create or is it the one after? 

I was hoping for more sales for Kirby and the 3DS, I can´t believe it couldn´t pass PS4 sales :(
I guess we´ll have to wait for Youkai Watch 3 >.

"Launch-aligned, the PS4 remains ahead of the PS3 by ~66K units on Media Create. At this time, the 2008 holiday season for the PS3 is over."

There is a graph if you follow the link.

http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?msg=159880

Ps4 tracking excellently.