By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Media Create 4/25/16 – 5/1/16 - #1 PS4

boypita said:
I was hoping for more sales for Kirby and the 3DS, I can´t believe it couldn´t pass PS4 sales :(
I guess we´ll have to wait for Youkai Watch 3 >.<

I guess it reached to the point where most fans of Nintendo handhled franchises already have a 3DS. The only major bump imo it can have is like similar to MHX. Where the game itself recommends/ gives a huge advantage in buying the "NEW" Version. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Reading between the lines this week:

11./15. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.03.19} (¥2.400) - 8.991 / 752.549 (+44%)

Minecraft vita looks just as strong now as it was 13 months ago at retail. No reason why in another 12 months it won't be in a good place.

15./09. [PS4] Dark Souls III (From Software) {2016.03.24} (¥7.430) - 7.360 / 282.269 (+1%)

Dark souls 3 retail actually increased this week. These games don't usually have legs so this really surprised me. It's already sold big digital numbers so digital + retail going forward it could have a chance at 400k.

Kerotan said:
Reading between the lines this week:

11./15. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.03.19} (¥2.400) - 8.991 / 752.549 (+44%)

Minecraft vita looks just as strong now as it was 13 months ago at retail. No reason why in another 12 months it won't be in a good place.

15./09. [PS4] Dark Souls III (From Software) {2016.03.24} (¥7.430) - 7.360 / 282.269 (+1%)

Dark souls 3 retail actually increased this week. These games don't usually have legs so this really surprised me. It's already sold big digital numbers so digital + retail going forward it could have a chance at 400k.

Well, there are plenty of good reasons. If HW sales drop, so will sales of Minecraft. It's dependent on new owners coming in every week. It's an evergreen title for the platform, but definitely reliant on the Vita's relevance in the market.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

So in the end Star Ocean 5 is ~150k retail, digital could be anything from 20k-50k imo. Not exactly good numbers, but not too bad in the end. If SOV was cheaper to make then SOIV then it might even be more profitable.

Farsala said:
So in the end Star Ocean 5 is ~150k retail, digital could be anything from 20k-50k imo. Not exactly good numbers, but not too bad in the end. If SOV was cheaper to make then SOIV then it might even be more profitable.

I'd say it's 20k at most digital as Japan has a very low digital sales % campared to US and Europe.

Around the Network
WoodenPints said:
Farsala said:

I'd say it's 20k at most digital as Japan has a very low digital sales % campared to US and Europe.

Dark Souls 3 had about 25%

Division about 30%

SFV 30%

Dragon Quest builders 20%

Japan Digital is pretty good for AAA PS4 games.

20% of SOV is 30k.

Farsala said:
WoodenPints said:

Division about 30%

SFV 30%

20% of SOV is 30k.

Dark Souls 18.7%

Division 22.9%

Street Fighter V 20.9%

Dragon Quest Builders 16.8%

Good percentages indeed, but you're exaggerating them. We still have to see SOV, though.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

hiska-kun said:
Farsala said:

Division about 30%

SFV 30%

20% of SOV is 30k.

Dark Souls 18.7%

Division 22.9%

Street Fighter V 20.9%

Good percentages indeed, but you're exaggerating them. We still have to see SOV, though.

Sorry I was doing % of physical rather then total.

The problem with SOV is the delayed release of PS3 version means the digital sales of PS3 SOV will also be delayed. Although 5k would be my guess, could be higher.

hiska-kun said:
Farsala said:

Division about 30%

SFV 30%

20% of SOV is 30k.

Dark Souls 18.7%

Division 22.9%

Street Fighter V 20.9%

I was halfway through typing that out so you saved me some time :)

Most games don''t break the single digit for digital sales in japan and I would be surprised if Star Ocean V hit a 20% digital sales rate and more expect I would e estimate closer to 10-15%

Farsala said:

Yeah so in the end in the region of ~200k. If it was a lot cheaper to make this could have been very profitable.  Asia and western sales will be key though.