By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Has Star Fox Zero killed the series?

Has Star Fox Zero killed the series?

Yes 95 36.54%

No 165 63.46%

Total:260

Kill?
Come on now, isn't that going a little bit overboard?
I mean this isn't Sonic '06.
And if Sonic could survive that.
Star Fox can certainly survive this, though I have yet to play Zero for myself so I can only go off public opinion which is very polarizing, but should still sell decently.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
CaptainExplosion said:

But that'd require Nintendo to open up to hiring young and hip new blood, and they're not known for that, or even trying to change.

Then they should start asap. Leaving the same dinasours control de company has left them in this dire position where Miyamoto blames people for not understanding the Wii U concept as the cause of the failure.

Now Miyamoto's not perfect but I never heard such thing about him blaming people not understanding the Wii U's concept. He did say, however, that they did not do a good enough job to emphasize on the concept (based on what I remember). I think he still has something to give and he's been mentoring the young devs, including the ones who developed Splatoon. He's helping them to stand on their own once he retires. And he has developed Pikmin 3, which I haven't played yet but heard great things about it, so it's clear he can still develop games. 

Edit: I have a question. What do you think they could do to expand upon the gameplay of Star Fox besides online multiplayer? What can they do to expand the on rails shooter genre, which is Star Fox's main genre?

Of course not, that GameCube Starfox Adventures game did. All this one did is fail to bring it back to life again.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

It will take time for the next entry, until someone gets an idea for the next one, until then yes I think it's on hold

Jumpin said:
Of course not, that GameCube Starfox Adventures game did. All this one did is fail to bring it back to life again.

Well, I still have the disc for StarFox Adventures and I loved it. I played it twice. I also have this new StarFox Zero, and I had so much more fun in the N64... Just lots more, can't even compare.

OP: I don't dare say that Zero killed the franchise, but it's just not a good game. I got bored to death easily and I forced myself to complete it. Meanwhile it used to be so much fun playing it. I guess they just forgot the "fun" part of this game.

Around the Network

As much as Other M "killed" Metroid. Nintendo needs to realize when they make mediocre games they aren't going to do well. Just brush it off, and try harder next time Nintendo.

I hope not. I'm enjoying very much this game and would play a sequel.

think-man said:

This is kinda what I was thinking. The franchise has been dead or in a coma for a while now. Much like F-zero, just with some teasers in the form of ports.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Jumpin said:

This.

Starfox has been a corpse for 14 years. Zero, like Assault and Command, was just another twitch of said corpse.

Let's hope they make a new F-zero instead or remake GX HD for NX. Would be quite a good manner to show the graphical power and capabilities of NX.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar