By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The defining sales battle of this generation: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End vs. Mario Kart 8

Higher lifetime sales?

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End 157 64.08%

Mario Kart 8 76 31.02%

Scoreboard 12 4.90%

Total:245
zorg1000 said:

Mario Kart 8 is already at 7.5 million according to Nintendo, it should be able to be able to so 8.5 million when all is said and done.

Those are shipped numbers right ?

Around the Network

At first I was like why are people falling for a rol thread, than I was like wait MK sold how much?.... Color me impressed.

People dont seem to understand the situation and type surrounding Uncharted and ND games after TLOU, the collection only sold 4M( and since were talking about shipped, you can add 1M to that ), in the worst case U4 will do 9M.

I prédicted 9-10M, it will outsell MK8 by close to 1m

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

fatslob-:O said:
zorg1000 said:

Mario Kart 8 is already at 7.5 million according to Nintendo, it should be able to be able to so 8.5 million when all is said and done.

Those are shipped numbers right ?

correct

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

The so called Citizen Kane of gaming couldn't crack the 6 million mark on an 80 million install base.

Uncharted who? Mario Kart 8 will keep its crown.

Around the Network

SFV isn't an exclusive.

gatito said:

The so called Citizen Kane of gaming couldn't crack the 6 million mark on an 80 million install base.

Uncharted who? Mario Kart 8 will keep its crown.

Except it cracked 6M , by far.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

The last of us sold 7 million in its first year on the ps3. Uncharted 4 will most likely break 10 million

If we are talking lifetime sales then obviously Uncharted. It the highest profile game on the best selling console this gen. Its not even a question. Uncharted will ship 5 million in one month easy. 10 million by end of the year. If Sony ships a 350 or 299 bundle, it will make for an interesting thread for future folks.

Hello people from the future btw.

If Uncharted 4 sells over 10 million, that would make it only the second Sony 1st party franchise to do so.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.