By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The defining sales battle of this generation: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End vs. Mario Kart 8

Higher lifetime sales?

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End 157 64.08%

Mario Kart 8 76 31.02%

Scoreboard 12 4.90%

Total:245

Mario Kart 8 is at 7.50 million and still selling, it should be able to surpass 8 million when all is said and done.

Uncharted 2 & 3 both sold over 6 million but under 7 million and Uncharted 4 will need to sell at least 8 million so that would be a pretty decent sized increase from previous installments but still feasible.

I'm torn and it should be a pretty close battle, I think there will be less than a 500,000 gap between the two.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
TheGoldenBoy said:

The previous Naughty Dog Uncharted games have sold on average +7 million lifetime.

Actually none of the Uncharted games have surpassed 7 million. This site has UC2 at 6.7m & UC3 at 6.8m and the most recent figures from Sony stated they had both surpassed 6 million as of March 2015. Close to 7 million but not quite there.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Is that even à question ? It will easily béat MK8( meaning by one million at least)

Some people tend to forget ND becomes more and more famous, dont need to remind you the sales on their last game , à new IP )

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

zorg1000 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

The previous Naughty Dog Uncharted games have sold on average +7 million lifetime.

Actually none of the Uncharted games have surpassed 7 million. This site has UC2 at 6.7m & UC3 at 6.8m and the most recent figures from Sony stated they had both surpassed 6 million as of March 2015. Close to 7 million but not quite there.

Including digital they both well over 7mil. Maybe same number as mario kart 8

Pinkie_pie said:
zorg1000 said:

No, Sony official figures account for digital as well.

Around the Network

I love how the "tired gameplay formula" isn't for a game series that offers very similar gameplay for over 20 years.

Absolutely hilarious

I don't know how much Mario Kart 8 will end up selling but I expect Uncharted 4 to reach 10 million.

BraLoD said:
Uncharted 4 > Mario Kart 8

But 8 >4 

Did PS4 already surpassed PS3 install base number already? Uncharted series had average 10% attach rate based on PS3 sales.

LTS wise, we don't know if Nintendo is going to re-release MK8 on NX or just going to move onto MK9, so there's one unaccountable numbers there.

zorg1000 said:
Pinkie_pie said:

No, Sony official figures account for digital as well.

Sony revealed last year the uncharted 1-3 sold over 21mil.