By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The defining sales battle of this generation: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End vs. Mario Kart 8

Higher lifetime sales?

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End 157 64.08%

Mario Kart 8 76 31.02%

Scoreboard 12 4.90%

Total:245

MK8 will still sell long after the WiiU has been discontinued and we're playing Uncharted 6: a thief's second reawakening on ps4 Neo.3 MK8 will have an attach ratio of no less than 200% when all is said and done.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
zorg1000 said:
Mario Kart 8 is at 7.50 million and still selling, it should be able to surpass 8 million when all is said and done.

Uncharted 2 & 3 both sold over 6 million but under 7 million and Uncharted 4 will need to sell at least 8 million so that would be a pretty decent sized increase from previous installments but still feasible.

I'm torn and it should be a pretty close battle, I think there will be less than a 500,000 gap between the two.

Actually by the time ND released the Nathan Drake collection Sony confirmed Uncharted trilogy sales at 21M.
That is a 7M average per game, and as we know the first didn't got that, AT LEAST, one of them without a doubt went over 7M sales.

IMO the sales for the trilogy divide as: 1 - 5.5M, 2 - 7.5M, 3 - 8M

Expecting Uncharted 4 to do less, with a way more popular platform and with the shower of praise it's getting prior launch and that'll get soon enough after the reviews hit, also considering the TLOU boost to ND popularity (7M on 1 year on the PS3 alone with the PS4 almost all that time already on the market, plus the sales of the Remastered version), it's a bit absurd.

Unless Mario Kart sales start rising considerably, there is no way it will hold Uncharted 4, that game is going easily over 8M sales.

You are forgetting about Golden Abyss on Vita, this site has it at 1.7 million. The there is also the card game, Fight For Fortune, although it probably didn't sell very well.

So its still very likely that no Uncharted game has surpassed 7 million and if one has than its by a very small amount.

Just to meet somewhere in the middle, lets just say Uncharted 2 & 3 sold around 7 million, could be a little more or could be a little less.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Pinkie_pie said:
zorg1000 said:

No, Sony official figures account for digital as well.

Sony revealed last year the uncharted 1-3 sold over 21mil. 

No, they revealed the entire franchise has sold 21 million, which also includes Golden Abyss & Fight for Fortune

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

The previous Naughty Dog Uncharted games have sold on average +7 million lifetime.

Actually none of the Uncharted games have surpassed 7 million. This site has UC2 at 6.7m & UC3 at 6.8m and the most recent figures from Sony stated they had both surpassed 6 million as of March 2015. Close to 7 million but not quite there.

"Since the launch of the PS4, we've seen plenty of requests across our Twitter, Facebook, and message boards all over the internet to provide remastered releases for the first three games in the Uncharted series, which sold an amazing 21+ million copies and garnered an average 92 Metacritic rating."

[Source]

Like I said, on average 7+ million lifetime. Although, Uncharted 2 and 3 have probably sold much more than the original.

Mario Kart 8 shipments

As of June 30, 2014-2.82 million

As of March 31, 2015-5.11 million

As of March 31, 2016-7.50 million

The game should easily be able to do another million, if not more. 8.5 million minimum seems likely.

Around the Network
TheGoldenBoy said:
zorg1000 said:

Actually none of the Uncharted games have surpassed 7 million. This site has UC2 at 6.7m & UC3 at 6.8m and the most recent figures from Sony stated they had both surpassed 6 million as of March 2015. Close to 7 million but not quite there.

"Since the launch of the PS4, we've seen plenty of requests across our Twitter, Facebook, and message boards all over the internet to provide remastered releases for the first three games in the Uncharted series, which sold an amazing 21+ million copies and garnered an average 92 Metacritic rating."

[Source]

Like I said, on average 7+ million lifetime. Although, Uncharted 2 and 3 have probably sold much more than the original.

BraLoD said:
zorg1000 said:

You are forgetting about Golden Abyss on Vita, this site has it at 1.7 million. The there is also the card game, Fight For Fortune, although it probably didn't sell very well.

So its still very likely that no Uncharted game has surpassed 7 million and if one has than its by a very small amount.

Just to meet somewhere in the middle, lets just say Uncharted 2 & 3 sold around 7 million, could be a little more or could be a little less.

21M for the trilogy, no Golden Abyss or anything else included.

i stand corrected, each of the first 3 titles have sold around 7 million.

Mario Kart 8 should take this but it could be close ...

By the end of WII Us lifespan I expect MK8 to sell at least 7.5 million, while Uncharted 4 can potentially usurp MK8 I'm not expecting it unless the reviews/recommendations are glowing enough to surpass the previous titles in the franchise ...

fatslob-:O said:

Mario Kart 8 should take this but it could be close ...

By the end of WII Us lifespan I expect MK8 to sell at least 7.5 million, while Uncharted 4 can potentially usurp MK8 I'm not expecting it unless the reviews/recommendations are glowing enough to surpass the previous titles in the franchise ...

Mario Kart 8 is already at 7.5 million according to Nintendo, it should be able to be able to so 8.5 million when all is said and done.

Seeing where MK8 stands, and with how much U4 has going for it. I think it will likely pass MK8, which barely passed U3's sales. I think U4 will at least surpass the 3rd.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Funnily enough, Mario Kart 8 might beat it.Dont misunderstand me:Uncharted 4 is probably going to be the best one in the series, and with the popularity of the PS4 might even be the best selling game, but even so it wont sell more than 8 million.(which im guessing Mario Kart will be at least, when all is said and done)

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1