By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What's the closest you ever came to dying?

When I was 18 I had too much alcohol in a bathhouse party in winter, they laid me on a blanket on concrete floor and I almost froze to death, I swear I was looking at myself from the ceiling.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

I swallowed a coin from my country of origin (it was slighly bigger than a quater) anyways I flip the coin, I was laughing, I was also in a school bus so theres a a bit of a bump, the coin lands inside my mouth and I swallow...
FACEPALM
The coin got stuck in my wind pipe and thanfully ( and luckly) it landed vertical. I think I was 8 years old.

There was another time, where I was skateboarding with some friends near a house. Did a bit of a dangerous trick on the stairs in front of a house and my leg landed on the top of the entrance gates with the arrows pointing up. Got stabbed in the leg and out of sheer stupidity (I was 12) I didn't tell my parent and I tried to hide it.
DOUBLE FACEPALM
Anyways, blood in pants gave me away. Doctor told us I was one lucky SOB. Had the cut been deeper and touched the bone it could have cause some serious problems in my nervous system, and the fact that I was hidding it could have easily led to my death had I not treated the big wound.

Anyways, I'm 2 strikes down. I have been playing it safe ever since, pretty much said goodbye to the outside world and stayed home playing videogames and watching movies XD (obviously still went to school and now college)

closest you ask?

2cms.

I'm 30! I'm friggin' OLD! Death is just around the corner!

=P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

I'm surprised by how many people have or had problems to swim. Guess I'm lucky to be borned on an island xD

I almost died from an alcoholic coma (not sure if that is how is said in english) in a party when I was younger. I drank so much alcohol my body just couldn't handle it. Now the strongest thing I ever drink is Coke (Coca Cola)...

Around the Network

About seven years of age in my first childhood town of mt isa on a bike rode out from our drive way car screaming along and skids like 10 to 20 meters just to stop within a couple of centimetres of my bike. Old bloke yells out do you wanna live or die. Fell off a tree a few good meters once as well - landed on my back straight onto a chair. Nearly broke it. Couple of other alcohol related close calls as well in me teens and twenties/ early thirties.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

Mod edit.

Spambot.

I almost died from shock once.

When I was four years old, we were moving and I kept running around between our old house and the moving truck.
It was early in the year and it had snowed that day, so I was busy collecting snow and building tiny snowmen. I kept crossing the bike lane to get to the parked cars with more snow on them.

At one point my dad pulled me aside and told me to be careful when crossing and to always look left and right in case there was a bike coming and let them pass before crossing, and I did.
Next thing I remember is lying on the walkway, looking down at my feet and seeing the wheels of a bike going over my legs one by one. My mom says my wail was so loud she could still hear it in our old flat on the fith floor.
My dad reached me first and I told him that I thought my leg was broken and he (probably thinking I was being a bit dramatic) tried to soothe me and put me on my feet.
My bones just crashed and the two ends slipped next to each other and the upper part of my shin pocked out from under my skin. I still have a scar there.

I still remember feeling very betrayed because I had looked left and right and saw no one coming. The woman that ran me over appearantly came out of a drive and ran me over at full speed. She hightailed out of there as soon as it was apparent that I was seriously injured (I guess she saw a lawsuit coming her way).

Anyway, my parents put me in the back of their truck and drove me to the hostpital while I was in the worst pain of my life and wailing quitely. In the hostpital I don't remember much aside from the neon lights on the ceiling. Then I have a pretty big gap till waking up in a hospital room.

Appearantly what happened is, that when my parents arrived with me in the ER the nurses just put me on a gurney to wait for the next available doctor and forgot about me for the next two hours or so. By that point I was going into shock and was going in and out of concoiusness. My parents tried their best to prevent shock and keep me concoius, but there's only so much you can do. They finally sent a doctor when my dad screamed at them that I was stopping to breathe every so often.

They gave me an infusion, reset and bandaged my leg and I was fine again, but it was a pretty close call.

Car accident when I was living in North Carolina. Driver slammed right into my driver side.

Got my ass whooped by an armed IDF when I was a teenager. I was waiting for my tutor outside his home in Palestine. I was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Two Heat Strokes was the closest I felt, could not breathe. Also got stung by bees in the heat, so hated summer ever since.

Almost fell off a roller coaster. The thing had 1 bar and big open sides. And me being a skinny fool, almost bounced out of it. Never again.

Was driving down the Highway going 70 in my tiny car with my friend at night time, My friend shouted "DEER!" before I knew it a deer jumped over my car. If the deer got hit then we would all have died.