By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What's the closest you ever came to dying?

Besides commonplace drowning, one time as a young teenager I woke up face down with sleep paralysis. I was effectively smothering myself until i got control in one of my arms and flung it as hard as i could to right myself. Pretty spooky.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Around the Network

About a week ago actually. I own a motorcycle. A supersport sports bike to be more accurate (Yamaha R6). I was riding with some friends and we came to an intersection with a stop sign while riding some country roads. They took off but I had to wait for a few cars to go by before I could go. I took off full throttle trying to catch up. The speed limit was 55 MPH (95 km/hr). Well... I was going about 90 MPH (145 km/hr) and I was coming up over a small hill. Little did I know there was a pretty sharp turn directly over that hill. I locked my brakes. I distinguished remember thinking "I'm fucked, this is gonna hurt like a sonovabitch!!!" I leaned hard left to make the turn, back tire locked up and slid. Then I released the back brake and it regained traction and popped my ass back up. I barely made the turn.

Went back to that same spot today and noticed there was a brick house about 15-20 feet off the road. Hitting that might have killed me. I consider myself lucky. Which is why I'm selling the bike.

This is basically what happened but not to that extent as I was able to save it. Back tire locked up and slid around and regained traction and popped me up. https://youtu.be/tt8Lw57K3jI

if anyone wants to subscribe I'll take it! I'll be uploading some uncharted 4 videos soon. Skip to 2:00 for the good parts 

https://youtu.be/KDpC4CIaHFY

"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed"

I was in the middle of a firefight.
I was a kid, less than 10 years old, thank god nothing happened to me.

There were three. I don't remember the first, i hardly remember the second and i remember the third. The one i remember i would say is the one closest i suppose.

I was a young boy riding an old bike down a ramp for thrills. One of the times i lost control and then i woke up in the hospital in a strech beeing taken somewhere in the hospital, my mum next to me. It was mostly a scare. From my perspective it was nothing really. Just a nap, as i don't remember anything from the act.

The other two i was too young to remember. There was one time that i'm told my mum was crazy to wash the floor with some petrol and the smell almost suffocated my baby self. The other one wich i hardly remember was beeing attacked by a dog in the street. I don't think the dog would've killed me (i think lol) but he did leave a scar.

Wildcard36qs said:
Raze said:

When I was 10, running from a neighbor's house back home during a really bad thunderstorm. Lightning struck about 10 feet away from me. Something made me jump in the air at the time (call it a guardian angel, etc) Might have saved me from getting electrocuted. Yeah, I might have survived on the ground too, had sneakers on, but that was as close a call as I've gotten. I tell everyone that computers behave around me because I have an electrical charge from the incident. (I work in IT and people are baffled that their problems go away just by me being present ;) 

Although I have not been struck or near lightning afaik, I have the same gift. I do IT as well and have the same effect - things typically just work when I come by. Always baffles people.

Maybe a technology mitichlorian count? =p

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com