By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mirror's Edge Catalyst is 900p on PS4, 720p on Xbox One

Nintendo NX will be 1080p then ;)

Around the Network
IDOLxISxDEAD said:
Gotta love all these posts completely ignoring the idea of whether or not the game is actually good or not and only using what resolution it runs in as their criteria for buying it.

I fear for the entire gaming industry over the next few years, with "gamers" like these.

I don't see how wanting good graphics or better resolutions = not caring if a game is good.   The gaming industry has constantly worked on improving visuals. Why is it only in danger this particular generation?

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Needs to be lower. Developers need to learn that "targeting 60FPS" isn't a noble goal unless you actually do it. "50-60fps in most cases" is not 60fps.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

IDOLxISxDEAD said:
Gotta love all these posts completely ignoring the idea of whether or not the game is actually good or not and only using what resolution it runs in as their criteria for buying it.

I fear for the entire gaming industry over the next few years, with "gamers" like these.

If you played ME, enjoyed it and watched only one gameplay video, you already know it's good. All that's left to care about is visuals and performance which are a big part of the experience.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

hoala said:

is mirrors edge done by dice???

Ea is milking dice so much. How many games do they release?
Battlefront, mirrors edge, battlefield 5 all in less then a full year?

According to wikipedia dice "just" have 350 employers. Releasing 3 big aaa games in less then 1 year with 350 employers is ridiculous. No wonder battlefront has like no content.

300 people worked on the witcher 3 and it took them 3-4 years.
Now dice is releasing 3 games in 1 year with 350 people...

350? It says 560 as of 2014.

Plus they didn't release a game in 2014 and I believe Mirror's Edge has been in development for a while so I expect it to have a decent amount of content.

Around the Network
xl-klaudkil said:
Uncharted 4 solid 30fps and incredible graphics says hi

Other games demand 60 fps.......sacrifices have to be made.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

CGI-Quality said:
sales2099 said:

Other games demand 60 fps.......sacrifices have to be made.

Uncharted is a game that displays those sacrifices when you know that it runs one mode in 1080p/30fps and the other in 900p/60fps (like Catalyst).

And still looks better then any other console game ever released. 

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

TheSting said:
I just hope it's good, screw the resolution.

Exactly take this thread and stick straight back in your lady parts. 

All i care if it's a great game ban these threads.

User was moderated for this post ~ CGI-Quality

That stuff doesn't really matter to gamers that buy most of their games on the xbox one at this point. Anyway, as long as the game is bugless with all it's versions and it's good then everyone should be happy.

And people still have delusions that the PS4 Neo (or whatever it will be called) will somehow pull off 4k gaming?