By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the NX outsell the WiiU?

It better.

Really there's no way of knowing yet but you'd think it couldn't get any worse.

Around the Network

Of Course it will easily, Wii U was bloody mess.

It should easily. We have to remember the Wii U's big problem was it had no real face. The "Wii" name made people think it was just an add-on; it tried to capture the "casual" and "hardcore" market at the same time; it received tons of halfed-ass, old ports from 3rd party devs and no good 1st party titles to give it its own face (NSMB2 released a few months earlier, Nintendo Land was not even close to Wii Sports). Nintendo didn't manage the marketing to solve any of these problems, and it just got worse over time with delays and 3rd parties abandoning the system.

Just for not having the "Wii" name it'll sell better

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

We just don't have enough to go on at this point but I can't imagine that it won't, based on the idea of a unified library. Being the optimist that I am toward NX, I think it will sell much, much more.

Crazy that the Wii soared past the WiiU's total lifetime numbers in just a few months on the market... with massive shortages no less.

KLXVER said:
Dulfite said:

THe NES and SNES were gamers in general. After those devices, people had more options. I'd say the truest number of hardcore Nintendo fans probably is starting at the Gamecube era, when Nintendo started losing 3rd party support. So the Wii U had a decent drop since Gamecube, but the NX will change that.

The N64 was when the they started losing third party support. The GC had better support actually.

Regardless, the Nintendo base was never as high as it was with NES and SNES. There were a lot of people gaming on those devices due to the 3rd parties.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
KLXVER said:

The N64 was when the they started losing third party support. The GC had better support actually.

Regardless, the Nintendo base was never as high as it was with NES and SNES. There were a lot of people gaming on those devices due to the 3rd parties.

I guess, but it seems like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, DK etc...are the games people bring up when remembering those consoles.

I sincerely hope it does.

Soundwave said:
If we remove the temporary Wii craze which brought in an influx of casuals that have since left ...

NES - 62 million
SNES - 49 million
N64 -33 million
GameCube - 22 million
Wii U - 14 million

This is actually a fairly consistent and frightening drop. There's only so many Nintendo faithful left.

I refuse to accept NX is potentially a single digit console a la Sega Saturn.

Could it... really happen? I shudder at the thought.

Interesting question as if it does, bravo. If it doesn't... what now(Nintendo)?

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

I don't see how it couldn't.