By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the NX outsell the WiiU?

We can only hope.

Around the Network

i doubt it.
Hystoricall nintendo consoles are decreasing in sales every generation (only exception wii). Thats probl why people are more and more dissapointed by Nintendo for every gen. You can calculae a 20-50% decrease in console sales for each gen.

If it doesnt outsell the Wii u by at least 2 times, and thats still low, Nintendo should leave the home console market focus on third party and handheld systems, but for gaming in general I hope:

1) The release a GREAT console
2) They sell over 50 million units.

But if they don't do number #1 and release something disappointing while they DO make great games, I hope it doesn't sell in that case, because we want Nintendo games but we don't want to play it on a bad system.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

With the hype only - like the PS4 selling good because of hype without good games in the launched in 2012 - NX will outsell Wii U in no time

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213

NX will without doubt sell more than the Wii U, If we take current hardware figures from Nintendo we have 12.8m WiiU and 58.85 3DS that's a 46m gap and with the NX still looking very likely to be a combined console/handheld I could even expect it close to 13m after 12 months on the market.

Around the Network

I wanna say yes, but knowing Nintendo, I can't say that with confidence.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

malistix1985 said:
If it doesnt outsell the Wii u by at least 2 times, and thats still low, Nintendo should leave the home console market focus on third party and handheld systems, but for gaming in general I hope:

1) The release a GREAT console
2) They sell over 50 million units.

But if they don't do number #1 and release something disappointing while they DO make great games, I hope it doesn't sell in that case, because we want Nintendo games but we don't want to play it on a bad system.

Define "great" console? I think most of the things Ninty's made has been good, but obviously not a lot of them sold amazingly..

If it doesn't I fear Nintendo as an hardware company us pretty much done for

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Who knows? Until we actually see it. It's a little hard ot gauge success based on a temporary name

Nogamez said:
Who knows? Until we actually see it. It's a little hard ot gauge success based on a temporary name

You posted this twice lol an hour apart xD