By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's actual earnings (prior quarter and FY)

Turkish said:
Starting to feel Nintendo as we know it is fading away.

Its a bad news day.... give it a week and hopefully it wont feel that way anymore.

Nintendo need to do some gap filler games though, they cant just leave things as is and forget about the Wii U.

They need to either port some 3DS games to the Wii U or go beg some 3rd party to make Wii U versions, and by beg I mean bring a big bag of money.

Around the Network
tak13 said:
Teeqoz said:

And this year they originally projected 7.6 million...

They might hit the 5m (or fail, but here I commented about 5m cannot be considered little in the sixth year of a dying console ! )

The missed 7.6m is maybe due to undershipping, probably owing to the stagnant old 3ds/ xl stock ( Expectedly, people have focused to new 3ds/xl and old 3ds/xl hasn't an attractive low price for budget buyers...) I'm wondering if they will slash their prices to finally get rid of them!

They sold 500k in Japan according to media create for the quarter, and 420k in the USA according to NPD, as for Europe we don't have an official figure... They shipped 810k for the last quarter!  Don't you feel that they're undershipping it?

No, they are more than likely just shipping less to get rid of excess stock left over from the holiday (since they expected more sales).  In addition, they've begun phasing out the console, so there will be less and less consoles on shelf as the year passes.

JRPGfan said:
Turkish said:
Starting to feel Nintendo as we know it is fading away.

Its a bad news day.... give it a week and hopefully it wont feel that way anymore.

Nintendo need to do some gap filler games though, they cant just leave things as is and forget about the Wii U.

They need to either port some 3DS games to the Wii U or go beg some 3rd party to make Wii U versions, and by beg I mean bring a big bag of money.

Some more Gamecube HD remakes wouldn't hurt.

Super Mario Sunshine, erm... WaveRace?

Teeqoz said:
tak13 said:

They might hit the 5m (or fail, but here I commented about 5m cannot be considered little in the sixth year of a dying console ! )

The missed 7.6m is maybe due to undershipping, probably owing to the stagnant old 3ds/ xl stock ( Expectedly, people have focused to new 3ds/xl and old 3ds/xl hasn't an attractive low price for budget buyers...) I'm wondering if they will slash their prices to finally get rid of them!

They sold 500k in Japan according to media create for the quarter, and 420k in the USA according to NPD, as for Europe we don't have an official figure... They shipped 810k for the last quarter!  Don't you feel that they're undershipping it?

No, they are more than likely just shipping less to get rid of excess stock left over from the holiday (since they expected more sales).  In addition, they've begun phasing out the console, so there will be less and less consoles on shelf as the year passes.

However, that stock is dead stock though (it's old 3d/xl), since New 3ds/xl launch! If there wasn't that stock, wouldn't you expect higher shipments pro rata  with the above sales? They're not getting rid of it (at least not quickly) , people for obvious reasons prefere new 3ds/xl! Price of the old models is still relatively high ( small difference with the new models )  and unattractive for budget buyers...

They have to firesale the old models, that could imply money loss though, but manufacturing cost is  just 99$ and I guees extra fees are  insignificant for the old 3ds which is 5 years old and old 3ds xl which is 4 years old, right?

tak13 said:
Teeqoz said:

However, that stock is dead stock though (it's old 3d/xl), since New 3ds/xl launch! If there wasn't that stock, wouldn't you expect higher shipments pro rata  with the above sales? They're not getting rid of it (at least not quickly) , people for obvious reasons prefere new 3ds/xl! Price of the old models is still relatively high ( small difference with the new models )  and unattractive for budget buyers...

They have to firesale the old models, that could imply money loss though, but manufacturing cost is  just 99$ and I guees extra fees are  insignificant for the old 3ds which is 5 years old and old 3ds xl which is 4 years old, right?

Looking at their 2017 projections, there is no firesale planned.

Around the Network

Wait they still profited that year? Surprised at that fact (Not too surprised, but still surprised), honestly despite all the Nintendo fans going crazy right now, Wii U is a failure, and that is why Nintendo is treating it as a Failure.

tak13 said:
Teeqoz said:

I guess that's possible.

What I find odd is how the regulr 3DS XL has shipped negative 0.01 million units @_@

Teeqoz said:
tak13 said:

I guess that's possible.

What I find odd is how the regulr 3DS XL has shipped negative 0.01 million units @_@

Oh shit...  That means stores returning stock to NIntendo... ;) 

Have you see wii u stock in Japan? Almost, zero lol ! Strong holidays (thanks  to splatoon and Super mario maker), exceeding much Nintendo's expectations,  resulting in low stock, that Nintendo hasn't fixed and perhaps leaving Nintendo without manufactured wii u  inventory (Nintendo  likely sold in 2015, what they were projecting to sold in 2015-16 combined) ! They shipped about as much as wii u they sold in last quarter! They must be constraining the supply, ignoring the demand, fearing of wii u ending up with unsold stock!

Anyway, that forecast of wii u... Either they are ceasing the production ( Someone pointed out that kimissima said that they will keep producting it till 2018) or that they're overly pessimistic about its legs, from 3.2m to 800k, just because it's being replaced next year, that's not normal, they almost shipped 800k in FY15 Q2...

What kind of holidays sales they expect? I don't dare to think..

As  I have written in other thread, I wonder if they see higher demand  than that, will they move to meet it?

Another loss, and with the interesting forecasts I'll asume the fortunes are not going to change drastically in the future.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Their projected numbers aren't good either..

Delaying Zelda U definitely won't help..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]