By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Top 10.NX must have features

Soundwave said:
ReubenAlexander said:

they probably werent aware of many of the great games that were available for the console. if all they played were nintendo land, its easy to assume that the system only has party games of that sort. i bet they went ahead and bought Destiny PS4 bundles, huh? what system did they end up getting and what games have you heard that they like?

Half bought a PS4 eventually. The other half didn't buy any console post-Wii period and now game pretty much entirely on smart devices. 

We mostly played Nintendo Land, but some NSMBU too. But I told them you know it would have Smash Brothers and Mario 3D, but not a single one bit. 

Of the 20 or so friends/family I know that have the original Wii, none of them purchased a Wii U, even after I explained to them it's a new system, with a new Mario 3D, new Smash Bros., etc. etc. 

Honestly even at the store the enthusiasm gap is fairly evident, the PS4/XB1 displays are almost always busier, the only people who try out the Wii U kiosk are younger children. 

thats interesting. well, they are not real big game enthusiasts clearly. they seem to go for whatever has the most buzz, which is typical of your casual market. but i guess that is what this all about, how can nintendo tap into the general consumer and win a majority of the marketshare.. 

@bolded lol that has not been my experience. and to be honest, i work at a video game store and the only people who really arent enthusiastic about the wii u are people who dont know what the hell it even is. generally, people who are aware of its offerings recognize it as worth owning at the very least.. which kind of goes back to what i said about marketing. nintendo's marketing is not at the level of sony or MS and it shows.

Around the Network
ReubenAlexander said:
Soundwave said:

Half bought a PS4 eventually. The other half didn't buy any console post-Wii period and now game pretty much entirely on smart devices. 

We mostly played Nintendo Land, but some NSMBU too. But I told them you know it would have Smash Brothers and Mario 3D, but not a single one bit. 

Of the 20 or so friends/family I know that have the original Wii, none of them purchased a Wii U, even after I explained to them it's a new system, with a new Mario 3D, new Smash Bros., etc. etc. 

Honestly even at the store the enthusiasm gap is fairly evident, the PS4/XB1 displays are almost always busier, the only people who try out the Wii U kiosk are younger children. 

thats interesting. well, they are not real big game enthusiasts clearly. they seem to go for whatever has the most buzz, which is typical of your casual market. but i guess that is what this all about, how can nintendo tap into the general consumer and win a majority of the marketshare.. 

@bolded lol that has not been my experience. and to be honest, i work at a video game store and the only people who really arent enthusiastic about the wii u are people who dont know what the hell it even is. generally, people who are aware of its offerings recognize it as worth owning at the very least.. which kind of goes back to what i said about marketing. nintendo's marketing is not at the level of sony or MS and it shows.

Well I mean to be honest marketing has been an issue for Nintendo for like 25 years now. Sega outmarketed them, Sony has, Microsoft does. 

It's harder for Nintendo to market in a traditional sense too ... they are Disney-centric, but they're like 1950s Disney, they don't have any thing like Star Wars or Marvel to buy them "cool" credibility, Zelda is about the best they have and half the time they cell shade it. Metroid is alright but too niche. 

Sony/MS market during big events like the NBA Finals and NFL football too, Nintendo doesn't really have the games that appeal to that demographic. 

BC is not a must have feature by any means. Also, I loled at the number 1. Maybe in Japan Animal Crossing could do something for the NX, but that's about it.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Don't really understand the order of the article and the biggest must have feature is "#1 Animal Crossing" Could of understood if it was #10 on the list since its a big hitting game but not a must have feature :D

The 5 must haves from that list imo:

1. Competitive hardware - Seems these days having the best looking pixels is the most important thing or just simply there for the bragging rights.
2. Third Party Support - Pretty much what's carrying the console market these days, A Nintendo console with Xbox/PS levels of third party support along with Nintendo's usual third party devs still keeping there games exclusive would be a dream come true and the future of NX may end up relying on this.
3. Regular controller - Use a GamePad like controller as an option but the base should be a Pro controller.
4. An Actual Online Service - Easy fast friend lists and messaging and party chat is a must, An achievement system will bring appeal to a different audience and Nintendo fans will love getting 100% on their profile to show it off.
5. A Proper name - Seriously people still think its a Wii add-on or a upgraded Wii not an actual new console.

Soundwave said:
ReubenAlexander said:

Well I mean to be honest marketing has been an issue for Nintendo for like 25 years now. Sega outmarketed them, Sony has, Microsoft does. 

It's harder for Nintendo to market in a traditional sense too ... they are Disney-centric, but they're like 1950s Disney, they don't have any thing like Star Wars or Marvel to buy them "cool" credibility, Zelda is about the best they have and half the time they cell shade it. Metroid is alright but too niche. 

Sony/MS market during big events like the NBA Finals and NFL football too, Nintendo doesn't really have the games that appeal to that demographic. 

i dont reallly agree honestly.. Nintendo should certainly advertise during the NBA finals, whatever game they have coming out at the time. there are ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE who watch that shit. or at least they should make a compilation commercial of all the games available on their system which includes the latest basketball or sports game or whatever. they would have to get creative with it. i think it would pay off for them. 

Around the Network

Hopefully the Amiibo support won't get out of hand like with some games for the Wii U..

Most I more or less agree with, but once seeing #1, this list just lost it's credibility :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

It better have backwards compatability At minimum WiiU wise.

ReubenAlexander said:
Soundwave said:

I tend to agree with Soundwave.

Also I think we should mention the sections of the store dedicated to games for the systems.

Sonys is always the biggest, with the most games, followed by Xbox's and then lastly the Wii Us (which is usually tiny).

Sonys section seems more busy. Anecdotal I know...

Have third party games sold well on the Wii U?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

This is one of the most uninterestingly generic top 10 lists I've ever read. What kind of site would publish something like this?