By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Top 10.NX must have features

JRPGfan said:

How is Animal Crossing the most needed NX feature?  NX should have that but... #1? not even close.

Backwards compatiblity is nice, buts its honestly not needed for a console to succede. If this feature is a top10 one, its at the back end of things, not #5.

How do they put "proper name" above haveing "3rd party support"? or "competitive hardware"?

Why is amiibo support even a "must have" feature? (or even top10)

gamerheadquarters wtf?

I wondered the amiibo thing myself. Is there any doubt Nintendo will keep amiibo support? Who would think they wouldn't, considering how much money those things make? It's not a needed feature, it's a feature that the NX WILL have.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Basically people are asking for a PS4 with Nintendo games on it.

Which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, I just wonder how large of a market for such product coming so late really is.

JRPGfan said:
KLXVER said:

Really? The controller is not as important? What if it looks like the Atari Jaguar controller?

At this point I dont really care that much. I trust nintendo not to ship a crap controller.

Im not a fan of the gamepad the wii u has... Nintendo cant really do much worse than that one by my way of thinking.

The top5 I posted there are waaay more important, than the controller is.

Nintendo need to get with the times, and that means it needs "3rd party" & "A actual online service" & "steaming support" (social aspect stuff).

I also think strong launch titles matter more than the controller does, when it comes to the success of launching a console.

I disagree. The N64 have some great games, but I dont like playing them with the N64 controller.

How lazy can the OP be? Took me one minute to copy-paste the list from the link.

#1: Animal Crossing
#2: An Actual Online Service
#3: A Regular Controller
#4: Strong Launch Titles
#5: Backwards Compatibility
#6: Streaming Support
#7: A Proper Name
#8: Competitive Hardware
#9: 3rd Party Support
#10: Nintendo Amiibo support

nintendo doesnt "need" any of this. all they really need is their typical brilliantly made games and some decent marketing this time around. all this other stuff is just basically.. "we want it to be like ps4!" 

given they have those two things, they can really do whatever the hell they want and itll be profitable for them. and to be honest, i think thats exactly the position that they like to be in.

Around the Network
ReubenAlexander said:
nintendo doesnt "need" any of this. all they really need is their typical brilliantly made games and some decent marketing this time around. all this other stuff is just basically.. "we want it to be like ps4!"

Everyone has "decent marketing". Hell some even have "good marketing". Marketing does not sell game consoles anymore, MS has basically spent the same/more on marketing than Sony has. 

Soundwave said:
Basically people are asking for a PS4 with Nintendo games on it.

Which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, I just wonder how large of a market for such product coming so late really is.

+1

...and I do not think that Nintendo will do that.

Soundwave said:
ReubenAlexander said:

Everyone has "decent marketing". Hell some even have "good marketing". Marketing does not sell game consoles anymore, MS has basically spent the same/more marketing than Sony has. 

the difference is that MS doesnt have anything to really market. what is their marketing? "we are just like a ps4 except worse" they lost all their exclusives and have inferior multiplats. thats the risk of making a carbon copy of your competition. sony did as well as they have up to this point because of marketing more than anything else. they make deals with all these companies and team up with them and advertise. thats their bread and butter. MS cant compete with that.

My personal feeling is still that NX is something fairly different *while* being flexible enough to not entirely alienate those who are willing to buy Nintendo hardware but would want access to traditional type gaming as well.

So my guess is NX is a portable console, something that hasn't really been done before, which can interface to nearby TVs or tablets/phones and has some kind of new control input that invites people to gather around it because that just seems like a very Nintendo-ey design focus. 

Buuuuuut, it has a Supplemental Computing Device (SCD, which Nintendo has patented), which is basically just an extra APU for home use that enables higher end graphics for those who want that. And there's a traditional controller in the mix for those who want that.

That's what I suspect anyway, but I don't think it is just a vanilla console (for better or worse).

Darwinianevolution said:
KLXVER said:

For what purpose? No need to make controllers more expensive than they already are.

We live in a world dominated by smartphones and tablets, the touchscreen technology is not particulary expensive or new anymore.  Plus, Nintendo and other devs have used the doublescreen wondefully multiple times with the DS and the 3DS. A smaller screen won't eat all the processing power of the NX, so it won't hold the console back (hello Starfox Zero), while allowing the quirks and features of the second screen. True, on home consoles two screens are not that important, you are looking at the TV and not the controller, but having a small option works for a lot of things. The DS4 has a touchpad, and I'm sure it will be used fine, I can't see why the NX's controller shouldn't use a small touchscreen.

lol

I keep forgetting that the DS4 has a touchpad, I don't use it at all