By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone else really dislike Star Fox Zero so far? -edit- People are rigging the poll!

Love it or not

Not 123 21.24%

In love 126 21.76%

I blindly love all nintendo does 35 6.04%

so so 60 10.36%

other 17 2.94%

see results 218 37.65%

Total:579

How is that the company with the best intellectual properties has the worst developers?

How is it possible that a game like The Last of Us exists on PS3, while a console with better expects like the Wii U still delivers PS2 graphics?

Nintendo needs to hire new developers if they want the NX to success.

Around the Network

I would make a positive comment about this game, but you know what? fuck it. I must be blind by nostalgia or i must me a motion control werdoenthusiastic that tried to get used with the controls instead off bitching in the first try.
The game has its flaws but nothing that ruined my gaming experience.

We reap what we sow

KLXVER said:
spurgeonryan said:

I would not say forget, just that you did not realize how much you appreciate something till its gone.

But Dreamcast reminds me of the Wii U, just with less sales and more games.

Well taking into account downloadable games, the WiiU is way ahead. I dont know, I just dont get the love for the Dreamcast.

As far as the Dreamcast goes, you had to be there. PS2 took a year to get started when the Dreamcast was already hitting its stride. I bought both (really, I've owned every major console except the original Xbox released since 1996) and the Dreamcast was one of my happier experiences. Died way too soon.

The_BlackHeart__ said:

How is that the company with the best intellectual properties has the worst developers?

How is it possible that a game like The Last of Us exists on PS3, while a console with better expects like the Wii U still delivers PS2 graphics?

oh the glorious ps2 graphics

now it took some time to these kind of comments show up, I was worried for a moment

We reap what we sow

d21lewis said:
KLXVER said:

Well taking into account downloadable games, the WiiU is way ahead. I dont know, I just dont get the love for the Dreamcast.

As far as the Dreamcast goes, you had to be there. PS2 took a year to get started when the Dreamcast was already hitting its stride. I bought both (really, I've owned every major console except the original Xbox released since 1996) and the Dreamcast was one of my happier experiences. Died way too soon.

Well I didnt get my PS2 until 2005, but I can still say that its great and has an amazing library of games.

Around the Network
The_BlackHeart__ said:

I'm going to buy the game soon enough and see if it really is that bad... I hope it's not!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

KLXVER said:
The_BlackHeart__ said:

Basically, this gif perfectly sums my reaction after reading his post, espacily 1st and 3rd sentence.

KLXVER said:
d21lewis said:

Well I didnt get my PS2 until 2005, but I can still say that its great and has an amazing library of games.

True. Some of the Dreamcast games aged really fast and really badly. It was really only great if you played it between 1999 and 2001. After that, pretty much everything worth owning got ported to Gamecube, PS2, and Dreamcast or got a superior sequel on those consoles. In the year 2000 and most of 2001, nobody in the world had more fun than I did with that Dreamcast, though.

The_BlackHeart__ said:

I wouldn't judge the potential of the developers on Star Fox.  This seems to be a game that was sent out just to fill a spot and to keep a massive dead zone from forming in the release schedule.  Star Fox was likely built with a limited budget.

If anything, I'd lay most of the responsibility on management.  It seems like there was no ambition behind this and that's a real shame.  Yeah, some people are going to try to justify this by saying it's some kind of throw-back game, that it's supposed to be limited, but Star Fox really deserved a lot more.  Why not bring it forward and do something big and interesting with it?