By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone else really dislike Star Fox Zero so far? -edit- People are rigging the poll!

Love it or not

Not 123 21.24%

In love 126 21.76%

I blindly love all nintendo does 35 6.04%

so so 60 10.36%

other 17 2.94%

see results 218 37.65%

Total:579
pokoko said:
The_BlackHeart__ said:

How is that the company with the best intellectual properties has the worst developers?

How is it possible that a game like The Last of Us exists on PS3, while a console with better expects like the Wii U still delivers PS2 graphics?

Nintendo needs to hire new developers if they want the NX to success.

I wouldn't judge the potential of the developers on Star Fox.  This seems to be a game that was sent out just to fill a spot and to keep a massive dead zone from forming in the release schedule.  Star Fox was likely built with a limited budget.

If anything, I'd lay most of the responsibility on management.  It seems like there was no ambition behind this and that's a real shame.  Yeah, some people are going to try to justify this by saying it's some kind of throw-back game, that it's supposed to be limited, but Star Fox really deserved a lot more.  Why not bring it forward and do something big and interesting with it?  

You're right---the fault is completely on the budget. These titles are made on a shoestring budget so there is only so much the developers can put into them with the money they have.

It's incredibly disappointing how Nintendo has been half-assing games by giving them tiny budgets recently to pad a release schedule instead of actually investing in them.

Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash and Mario Party 10 were also soulless husks that could have been SOOOO much more than they were.

Around the Network

I'm beginning to fear SF0 may be the end of the franchise like F-zero and others who just sunk in oblivion :(.

If this game had good buss though not that many sales, then a rethread on NX would be possible. But that's not the case here. Sales are likely not good anyway so this may be the end.

Is it truly the end?

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

spurgeonryan said:
I think if at least it was fast and had a little better visuals it would be alright. But the levels are not exciting so far. But then with the current controls it may be even more difficult to control if it were faster. I guess they had to do what they could.

I used to think so, but the way Venom is designed changed my mind. It's really effective at what it's trying to achieve, and it wouldn't work if the speed was any faster.  There are effects they could use make it "feel" faster, though.

The_BlackHeart__ said:

How is it possible that a game like The Last of Us exists on PS3, while a console with better expects like the Wii U still delivers PS2 graphics?

TLoU on ps3 aims for 30 fps, SF0 aims for 60 fps. Also, TLoU renders to only one screen, SF0 renders to two.

I'm honestly surprised by the 8.1 user rating (as of this post) on metacritic for this game. I was expecting lower.

Around the Network

sorry to hear that but it was never going to be up to nintendo's usual standards. the game is more of a filler while they wait to release the NX. It was never going to reach it's potential. Whether or not they do a proper job on the NX we'll have to wait and see.

KLXVER said:

People seem to forget the bad times of a console over time. I didnt own a Dreamcast at its time, but from listening to people who love the console...Its like it was a gift from God, brought to you by an angel and each game was like having sex with your dream woman.

When speaking of all this heavenly sex you should have mentioned the Sega Saturn and playing Nights into Dreams with the Saturn's analog controller. It was a gift from God delivered by angels.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

I hate it.

Haven't played it, but I hate it.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

burninmylight said:
hershel_layton said:
Eh, hearing the bad reviews, I'm going to let my first starfox game by Starfox 64 3D. It's only 10-20 bucks now.

Where can I find it for 10-20 bucks? :D

Bad news is that it's only for physical. Nintendo select has Strarfox 3D for 15 bucks. However, used copies go for as low as 10 bucks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

spemanig said:
Boberkun said:

SS is the best 3D Zelda btw.

No, it's the worst. Might be the worse Nintendo-made Zelda all together to be honest.

The controls are incredibly intuitive in SS within an hour or so - barring technical problems or players lining up their crap poorly and then blaming the game. That's not the case here. The only objective problem with SS is the filler. There is an objective problem with the controls in this game. It's something you can work to master, yeah, but that doesn't make them good controls. It's a game that banks on you not hating it enough to walk away until you beat it four times. SS was a game that banked on you liking it enough to force past the pacing being awful. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!