Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will This Be The Last Console Generation?

Last Generation

Yes 27 13.37%

No 154 76.24%

Results 21 10.40%

Total:202

NX is 9th generation so, no.

Around the Network

No - there's a Nintendo console coming.

It will definitely change. There will still be consoles but not as we know it and have known it since the 8 bit era. Things are changing. Technology is getting better. And quite franky, I don't want a PS 30 or Xbox 21. There has to be a unified system that's upgradable leaving more time for games to be made without having to worry about drastic hardware changes. Console cycles are coming to an end. It may not be this gen but it'll be soon.

I think there will be a physical PS5/XB2 ... but it will also start to become optional by next gen whether or not you want to own hardware or not.

There won't be a PS6/XB3/NX3 or whatever, upgradable or not because 1 gigabit internet will be standard by then and games will be able to be streamed even in 4K+ resolution.

If Netflix decides for example to offer a gaming service where you can buy whatever game you want, but you don't have to pay $400 for the hardware, and you can run games on high effects that evolve over time ... the Sony/Nintendo/MS model is going to look really, really badly outdated, but Sony is already test driving this idea with PS Now. 

AlfredoTurkey said:
NX is 9th generation so, no.

NX is a mid gen console

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Everyone go on pretending like it's not though if it helps you sleep at night.

Or pretending like the NX is a 9th generation console instead of a generationless platform like what it actually is.

I know, change and modernization is scary. (its not its awesome)

Sometimes, you sound like one of those "this is the end of days"  street corner preachers, spem.  I really hope you know what you're on about here as you sound fully convinced - and have for a while now.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Nintendo is preparing a next gen console.... so no

Geez, are we in one of those bad episode of X-Files ?
And yeah the NX will be a 9th gen console

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

IkePoR said:

Sometimes, you sound like one of those "this is the end of days"  street corner preachers, spem.  I really hope you know what you're on about here as you sound fully convinced - and have for a while now.

It's not the end. It's the beginning. This is the start of a gaming renaissance. Gaming is so behind the times that it's not even funny. This is them catching up.

And yes, I am convinced. In less than two months now, we'll know whether I'm crazy or spot on. Exciting times.

Also, thinking about it now, I'll be suprised if we see the box before E3. Only because the first thing people will notice is that it won't have a disc drive (or cart slot) and without explaining it, that will cause for a lot of confusion. Unless the OS is what they explain at the reveal, which would be a very good idea.

Well, this is new.

Read.

Yerm said:
Nintendo is preparing a next gen console.... so no

Mar1217 said:
Geez, are we in one of those bad episode of X-Files ?
And yeah the NX will be a 9th gen console

Mid gen console