By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will This Be The Last Console Generation?

Last Generation

Yes 27 13.37%

No 154 76.24%

Results 21 10.40%

Total:202
AlfredoTurkey said:
NX is 9th generation so, no.

NX is a mid gen console

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Everyone go on pretending like it's not though if it helps you sleep at night.

Or pretending like the NX is a 9th generation console instead of a generationless platform like what it actually is.

I know, change and modernization is scary. (its not its awesome)

Sometimes, you sound like one of those "this is the end of days"  street corner preachers, spem.  I really hope you know what you're on about here as you sound fully convinced - and have for a while now.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Nintendo is preparing a next gen console.... so no

IkePoR said:

Sometimes, you sound like one of those "this is the end of days"  street corner preachers, spem.  I really hope you know what you're on about here as you sound fully convinced - and have for a while now.

It's not the end. It's the beginning. This is the start of a gaming renaissance. Gaming is so behind the times that it's not even funny. This is them catching up.

And yes, I am convinced. In less than two months now, we'll know whether I'm crazy or spot on. Exciting times.

Also, thinking about it now, I'll be suprised if we see the box before E3. Only because the first thing people will notice is that it won't have a disc drive (or cart slot) and without explaining it, that will cause for a lot of confusion. Unless the OS is what they explain at the reveal, which would be a very good idea.

Yerm said:

Mar1217 said:
Geez, are we in one of those bad episode of X-Files ?
And yeah the NX will be a 9th gen console

Mid gen console

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Yerm said:

Mar1217 said:
Geez, are we in one of those bad episode of X-Files ?
And yeah the NX will be a 9th gen console

Mid gen console

we are well past that point. there will be a new controller, vastly upgraded hardware, and new exclusive content. its a new console, and its gen 9

Sadly no :(

Well of course i want a console that's constantly connected to servers that can easily get hacked at anytime. heaven forbid i want to let my friend borrow my game, that would be to difficult in 2016-onward you know with technology getting "better" Change isn't whats scary it's the "Details" in the change that CAN be scary, very scary. By using nothing more than comparison what about this? Tell the whole world back in the 1930's that change was good for Germany and that Hitler and his Nazi's were a good "change" for Germany and the rest of the world. Don't be retarded. Yes change CAN be good sometime's. Innovation's to technology CAN be a good thing sometime's. Not everything works as planned. It's just like credit and debit card's, online banking,buying and selling on the internet. You can be robbed of everything you worked your life for or have your entire identity stolen when your minding your own business sleeping in your bed. Bottom line we are relying more and more on internet to fix all our problems, which it does in some cases. Video games are fine the way they are they don't need changed, at the very least make it optional that way people who love online imaginary data for their games cool. But i want consoles i shouldn't have to pay for internet just to play a game. just wait once server problems/hacks/lagging start people might question what they thought they were getting with this new digital nonsense. My opinion though.
Good day chap's!

Yerm said:
jason1637 said:

Mid gen console

we are well past that point. there will be a new controller, vastly upgraded hardware, and new exclusive content. its a new console, and its gen 9

Its launching in the middle of 8th gen. Mid gen

The fact that so many people argued whether the Wii U was 7th gen or 8th gen, and are now arguing whether the NX is 8th or 9th gen just proves that the lines between console generations are already getting blurred.

Standard console generations are over. Deal with it.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969