By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will This Be The Last Console Generation?

Last Generation

Yes 27 13.37%

No 154 76.24%

Results 21 10.40%

Total:202

Nintendo will not abandon the console market anytime soon. So, even if it is the only hardware manufacturer, there will be a 9th gen for sure.

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:
Nintendo will not abandon the console market anytime soon. So, even if it is the only hardware manufacturer, there will be a 9th gen for sure.

Did you even read the first sentence of the op?

I hope so. "Generationless" hardware like speaming mentions feels like the future. A good future. The only problem now is to know if the companies are smart enough to manage this or if this will means their own destruction.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

The only question is whether there's going to be an official generation switch, but in practice, it seems the market is already switching over to shorter release cycles. That is, it seems like this generation is going to mark the switch, and if there's going to be another generation, it'll be just a formality. It's actually sort of funny how quickly this all has happened from a consumer point of view. First there were Wii U, PS4, and Xbox One, which all seemed like they would bring with them a normal console generation. But this year, and maybe last year, there have been a lot of signs this may not be the case.

Stop talking about the end of console generations, it gives me nightmares.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Anfebious said:

why?

Zkuq said:
The only question is whether there's going to be an official generation switch, but in practice, it seems the market is already switching over to shorter release cycles. That is, it seems like this generation is going to mark the switch, and if there's going to be another generation, it'll be just a formality. It's actually sort of funny how quickly this all has happened from a consumer point of view. First, there were Wii U, PS4, and Xbox One, which all seemed like they would bring with them a normal console generation. But this year, and maybe last year, there have been a lot of signs this may not be the case.

Yeah in the beginning of this gen this idea would be laughed at but right now there's a real possibility. 

jason1637 said:
Anfebious said:

why?

Because I'm against change and modernization. Digital only, streaming, etc.

Give me more time, I have yet to move to a first world country!

I guess I'll always have my gameboy color.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Probably yes.

jason1637 said:
Vodacixi said:

Did you even read the first sentence of the op?

Not really.