By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The NX needs to be stopped!

Your thoughts on the NX?

NX needs to be stopped. W... 52 23.64%

Sometimes it's good to u... 168 76.36%

Total:220

It's splitting the Nintendo userbase!

Just imagine this. You just bought your Wii U, you're enjoying all the nice games and you're perfectly happy with it. Then suddenly Nintendo announces a new console. A new console that not only does play Wii U games at a better performance and visuals but even has a bunch of exclusive new games and features. They're probably even stopping releasing games on the "old" console because of this.

I mean what was Nintendo thinking? They're splitting their userbase, basically making Wii U owners second class citizens. There are now over 10 million customers who are angry at Nintendo because of this yet they continue to go forward with this. They're gonna ruin all the good reputation they've build with the Wii U.

Consoles are built to last and not to be replaced with a new model after a few years. Have they even thought about how much of a strain that will be to their developers? They will now have to develop games for 2 different platforms and for most that's an impossible task, so they'll be forced to only develop for the new console which will leave all Wii U owners in the dust.

So I beg you Nintendo, just end all the rumors and the NX nonsense and stick to Wii U, like your fanbase does.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Kind of hard for Nintendo to stick with the Wii U when it's been selling very bad this gen. It's Nintendo's worst selling system since the Virtual Boy.

Besides, it's been known for a while that Nintendo is going to releasing the NX soon.

Mr.GameCrazy said:

Kind of hard for Nintendo to stick with the Wii U when it's been selling very bad this gen. It's Nintendo's worst selling system since the Virtual Boy.

Besides, it's been known for a while that Nintendo is going to releasing the NX soon.

So Nintendo is fine with treating Wii U owners like second class citizens just for more sales? Well that excuses them of course, if it's for money.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

You're using a completely incorrect analogy to prove a point.

Try a little harder next time. =P

bet: lost

vivster said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

So Nintendo is fine with treating Wii U owners like second class citizens just for more sales? Well that excuses them of course, if it's for money.

That's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that they can't support the Wii U forever, especially since it's not selling well and is not popular like the Xbox One and the PS4. Supporting the system for a couple more years isn't going to do much for them imo.

Around the Network

I want to know whatll happen here if the NX fails miserably. I feel like the meltdowns would be priceless as well as make the NX fetish this site has worth enduring

Is this a PS4K analogy? XD.

BraLoD said:
Average reaction thread.

Link me the original, pls 

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

BraLoD said:
Slarvax said:

Link me the original, pls 

Did you seriously missed those PS4K/Neo threads?

I was out with my friends today.

I also rarely open threads that involve roumors and leaks and verified users. 

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Too late, the Wii U has already split the Nintendo userbase... between those who bought a Wii U, and those who didn't.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.