By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The NX needs to be stopped!

Your thoughts on the NX?

NX needs to be stopped. W... 52 23.64%

Sometimes it's good to u... 168 76.36%

Total:220
StarOcean said:

as well as make the NX fetish this site has worth enduring

So it's a fetish, at this point? Do the fans pleasure themselves thinking of it?

Around the Network

The Wii-U needs to be stopped.

huh what? I want them to move on

The Wii U doesn't have enough 3rd party support to justify people buying it in masses. it is a money pit for Nintendo. 

The Wii U already has enough games on it that people should have bought it long ago. 

NX has a chance (slim lol) to at least win over better support from devs and consumers.

Volterra_90 said:
Is this a PS4K analogy? XD.

It probably is

I just want to know if it can play WiiU and Wii games, if it can then id probably buy one and flick off my WiiU.

Around the Network
Wright said:
StarOcean said:

as well as make the NX fetish this site has worth enduring

So it's a fetish, at this point? Do the fans pleasure themselves thinking of it?

Of course they do, it's bothersome. To say the least

I can not post with that clapping girl^

vivster said:

It's splitting the Nintendo userbase!

Just imagine this. You just bought your Wii U, you're enjoying all the nice games and you're perfectly happy with it. Then suddenly Nintendo announces a new console. A new console that not only does play Wii U games at a better performance and visuals but even has a bunch of exclusive new games and features. They're probably even stopping releasing games on the "old" console because of this.

I mean what was Nintendo thinking? They're splitting their userbase, basically making Wii U owners second class citizens. There are now over 10 million customers who are angry at Nintendo because of this yet they continue to go forward with this. They're gonna ruin all the good reputation they've build with the Wii U.

Consoles are built to last and not to be replaced with a new model after a few years. Have they even thought about how much of a strain that will be to their developers? They will now have to develop games for 2 different platforms and for most that's an impossible task, so they'll be forced to only develop for the new console which will leave all Wii U owners in the dust.

So I beg you Nintendo, just end all the rumors and the NX nonsense and stick to Wii U, like your fanbase does.

Were you complaining when the Nintendo DS came out? Did the Nintendo DS need to be stopped as well?

Nintendo GBA:

Nintendo DS:

vs.

Nintendo Wii U:

Nintendo NX:

The NX strategy isn't new for Nintendo. Because of mitigating circumstances (the Wii U is a failed console that's currently dying) Nintendo is forced to play their hand earlier than normal, just like they did for the N64 in 1996, and the DS back in 2004.

Think about it this way. Nintendo supported their failed console for four full years. After the Wii U's incredibly dire sales in 2013 they could have just discontinued it right then and there, like they did with the Virtual Boy.

The fact they stuck with the Wii U until 2016 (and maybe even 2017) is commendable given its drag on their business. I'm willing to forgive Nintendo for a slightly truncated Wii U lifespan.

I don't think they're making a wrong move here, either. Nobody cared when the DS came out and became a smash hit that sold 150 million consoles. And nobody will care when they release the NX this holiday season.

Best console this generation, and what???

Aquamarine said:

Were you complaining when the Nintendo DS came out? Did the Nintendo DS need to be stopped as well?

Nintendo GBA:

Nintendo DS:

vs.

Nintendo Wii U:

Nintendo NX:

The NX strategy isn't new for Nintendo. Because of mitigating circumstances (the Wii U is a failed console that's currently dying) Nintendo is forced to play their hand earlier than normal, just like they did for the N64 in 1996, and the DS back in 2004.

Think about it this way. Nintendo supported their failed console for four full years. After the Wii U's incredibly dire sales in 2013 they could have just discontinued it right then and there, like they did with the Virtual Boy.

The fact they stuck with the Wii U until 2016 (and maybe even 2017) is commendable given its drag on their business. I'm willing to forgive Nintendo for a slightly truncated Wii U lifespan.

I don't think they're making a wrong move here, either. Nobody cared when the DS came out and became a smash hit that sold 150 million consoles. And nobody will care when they release the NX this holiday season.

You don't know the poster very well ...