By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The NX needs to be stopped!

Your thoughts on the NX?

NX needs to be stopped. W... 52 23.64%

Sometimes it's good to u... 168 76.36%

Total:220
MegaDrive08 said:
maxleresistant said:
Over 10 millions angry customers, try 100 000, tops.

Most people won't care when the NX comes out. The WiiU will be 4 years old and it will have a few more games in 2017 (mainly Lego Games etc)

But seriously, the only thing pissing off the WiiU owners is the WiiU library of games. And this can never be fixed.

Who are you to speak for wiiu owners??

A WiiU owner.

Around the Network
maxleresistant said:
MegaDrive08 said:

Who are you to speak for wiiu owners??

A WiiU owner.

Im a WiiU owner doesn't mean i speak for the userbase

Don't you think this is a bit much, vivster? It's not like the other side of the debate is acting like you and some of the others are over this by creating threads like this.

The wii u is a 8th gen home console and the NX is a next gen home console or handheld or hybrid. The PS4 is a 8th gen console and the rumored PS4k or PS4 Neo are just upgraded PS4s. Your comparison is half baked at best and a bit childish because you're just trying to mock the other side with these kind of threads.

Looking at sales Nintendo really needs the NX it's that simple.

The Wii U is out for like, 4 years

Wth are you talking about?

Around the Network

A response to the PS4k "outrage", clever. I still think the PS4k is a bad idea, you can expect this kind of upgradable hardware shit from PCs (even handhelds) but not from consoles.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

MegaDrive08 said:

Im a WiiU owner doesn't mean i speak for the userbase

Yep, I'm really happy with it. But surely I don't know about the rest of you XD

vivster said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

Kind of hard for Nintendo to stick with the Wii U when it's been selling very bad this gen. It's Nintendo's worst selling system since the Virtual Boy.

Besides, it's been known for a while that Nintendo is going to releasing the NX soon.

So Nintendo is fine with treating Wii U owners like second class citizens just for more sales? Well that excuses them of course, if it's for money.

you're being silly, what you're saying is in the same vain of suggesting that Sony should endlessly support the Vita or that they should endlessly support their smartphone division.

If a company is doing poorly with a product they move on to a new one. end of story. If your logic is that Wii U owners 'deserve' so much more, then they deserve part of the blame for not purchasing third party games and for not looking at it from the perspective of the company

if the Wii U had sold N64 or Gamecube levels then I would agree but that's just not the case. if not for the 3DS Nintendo probably would have lost money this gen so

If this was only about Nintendo trying to squeeze more money out of their fans' pockets, I could understand the rage. But as much as I like the WiiU, it's not like we could expect hundreds of great games for the future, anyway. With the lack of third party support Nintendo was overstrained in providing enough first and second party games both for 3DS and the WiiU. They supported it only so long that loyal fans wouldn't be pissed, but you could tell that they were struggling to satisfy their customers the whole time.

If NX turns out successful, there will be more third party games, which means Nintendo can focus on releasing a bunch of AAA exclusives every year rather than being busy with filler titles like Animal Crossing Amiibo party or Mario Tennis. Which means I, as a gamer, get more great games. That's why I am looking forward to NX.

if someone bought wii U in its beggining, he/she enjoyed the console for about 4 years.
if someone bought wii U after 3 years of release, then he/she isnt a early adopter of consoles and will probably buy NX only after 3 years of releasing.

either way, history showed ninty consoles last lass than average home consoles, 4 years is kinda ok. is like the original xbox.