By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Disney is unstoppable, Jungle Book tops 100 million Domestically First Weekend!

AlfredoTurkey said:
Runa216 said:

Not unpopular at all!  

The MCU has thrived and gotten much, much better since Disney took over, with enough money to experiment and try new things (superhero heist movie? Come on, who woulda thought about that before?!) 

And Star Wars...well, it's star wars, but GOOD star wars!  Watched it againt his week and it made me smile the whole way through.  Now that I've gotten over my "It's good but not #1 of allt ime good" mental road block, I came to properly enjoy it for what it was.  Add to that the amazing looking Rogue One trailer and the ongoing, continued "Star Wars Extended Cinematic Universe", and...well, damn man.  I am really happy to be a cinephile in the modern world! 

Also, The reviews for Jungle Book have been outstanding. Where have you guys all been?  i've been reading about, watching trailers for, and anticipating this movie since like, last Summer.  

*spoilers for those who haven't seen the new Star Wars movies*

Are you kidding with Star Wars? Disney is wondeful for animation but Star Wars? I don't care how unpopular this opinion is, but they took Star Wars and fucked it sideways. You don't take a franchise like that and "PC it up" for the sake of expanding demographics which is what they did. I don't want to hear it was an "artistic design". Let's be honest, the two demograpics that never cared for Star Wars on the whole were women and african americans. And wouldn't you know? As soon as Disney's suits gets the franchise, they're like "now how can we sell even MORE plastic light sabers... hmm... well, what if we put a female and black lead in the movie? DEMOGRAPICS!!!!"

And lets not EVEN get into the whole untrained, 20 year old female taking down a fucking SITH... without any training... at all. That right there was worse than ANYTHING Lucas did in the prequels... anything. My fiance and I watched it and at the end of the movie, she was like... "I don't get it. It took look three movies to take down Vader, getting his assed handed to him and yet this girl almost masters the force without trying". And she's not even into Star Wars that much lol.

The whole thing was a mess.

It will be interesting on who they make gay for the next movie.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
Runa216 said:

Not unpopular at all!  

The MCU has thrived and gotten much, much better since Disney took over, with enough money to experiment and try new things (superhero heist movie? Come on, who woulda thought about that before?!) 

And Star Wars...well, it's star wars, but GOOD star wars!  Watched it againt his week and it made me smile the whole way through.  Now that I've gotten over my "It's good but not #1 of allt ime good" mental road block, I came to properly enjoy it for what it was.  Add to that the amazing looking Rogue One trailer and the ongoing, continued "Star Wars Extended Cinematic Universe", and...well, damn man.  I am really happy to be a cinephile in the modern world! 

Also, The reviews for Jungle Book have been outstanding. Where have you guys all been?  i've been reading about, watching trailers for, and anticipating this movie since like, last Summer.  

Are you kidding with Star Wars? Disney is wondeful for animation but Star Wars? I don't care how unpopular this opinion is, but they took Star Wars and fucked it sideways. You don't take a franchise like that and "PC it up" for the sake of expanding demographics which is what they did. I don't want to hear it was an "artistic design". Let's be honest, the two demograpics that never cared for Star Wars on the whole were women and african americans. And wouldn't you know? As soon as Disney's suits gets the franchise, they're like "now how can we sell even MORE plastic light sabers... hmm... well, what if we put a female and black lead in the movie? DEMOGRAPICS!!!!"

And lets not EVEN get into the whole untrained, 20 year old female taking down a fucking SITH... without any training... at all. That right there was worse than ANYTHING Lucas did in the prequels... anything. My fiance and I watched it and at the end of the movie, she was like... "I don't get it. It took look three movies to take down Vader, getting his assed handed to him and yet this girl almost masters the force without trying". And she's not even into Star Wars that much lol.

I'm black. Didn't really care for the current direction of the movies. Adding a black guy did nothing for me and there's no doubt in my mind that I know more about Star Wars than you. I've been watching it my whole life because the series is awesome, not because of some character. Episode VII would have still been a mess, in my opinion, if Poe, Rey, and Finn were all white guys. Jeez.

AAA300 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

It will be interesting on who they make gay for the next movie.

Wasn't that already addressed with Rylo Ken? lol

I really really hate the animated one so I hope that I enjoy the live action one.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Wonktonodi said:
Teeqoz said:

It's live action. As for The Lion King.... hopefully never. Yuck.

Disney makes peanuts at the box office. Like literally, they hardly even care, the real money is from merch, amusement parks and ESPN et al.

Disney does make billions off the movies so it does care. Also a lot of the attractions at the parks are based on the movies and much of the merchandise is from once again the movies.

Plus for not caring they sure made purchases to make a broader range of movies (pixar, marvel, Lucas, and are putting out a lot of big budget movies. 

I said they hardly cared about the box office. Not their movies. Ofcourse their movies are the base of their merch and their amusement parks, butthe  box office itself is pretty irrelevant.

Around the Network
Paatar said:
I really really hate the animated one so I hope that I enjoy the live action one.

You monster!

Disney used to be the world leaders in hand drawn animation. Now this.

Teeqoz said:
Wonktonodi said:

Disney does make billions off the movies so it does care. Also a lot of the attractions at the parks are based on the movies and much of the merchandise is from once again the movies.

Plus for not caring they sure made purchases to make a broader range of movies (pixar, marvel, Lucas, and are putting out a lot of big budget movies. 

I said they hardly cared about the box office. Not their movies. Ofcourse their movies are the base of their merch and their amusement parks, butthe  box office itself is pretty irrelevant.

If a movie does poorly at the box office, people won't but as much merchandise, or want to see those characters at the parks. 

Also they make billions at the box office. Not peanuts. Of the 8 billion or so of net profit they made last year at the box office how much did the box office contribute? Much more than peanuts.

Not a fan of live action movies based on animated movies but I'm not surprised it's doing great.

a

MEGADRIVE, SNES, SATURN, PS1, N64, DREAMCAST, PS2, GC, XBOX, X360, Wii, PS3, Wii U, PS4, XONE, GAME GEAR, GBP, GBA, NGAGE, GBAP, DS, PSP, 3DS, VITA.