By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Disney is unstoppable, Jungle Book tops 100 million Domestically First Weekend!

SvennoJ said:

Abomination! I saw the trailer :( This is Jungle book

Not this

It was actually amazing... I had the same thoughts of it going to suck, but I actually liked it more-

Only issue is the movie didn't have the full version of Bear Necessities :^( 

Otherwise, the story was great. I actually liked the ending much better than the cartoon- him meeting a girl and running off was disappointing.

Bill Murray was a great voice actor as well. He matched the role of the bear very well

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

Hope my kid will enjoy this movie, seem dark a little for little one (4 year old).

Runa216 said:
Lawlight said:

Disney know how to make a basic movie that appeals to the general audience. I always find their kids movies to bevery overrated. Watched 3/4 of Inside Out and while it started very well, it got boring really quickly and yet it has a 98% on RT.

...Inside Out....Got Boring...

Yup, you officially suck at cinema.  There arent many movies I tend to aggressively protect or extol the virtues of, but Inside Out is one of them.  That movie is a modern classic, just like most Pixar movies.  

If you didn't like it, or didn't think it was good, you can officially be laughed off this thread.  You have NO taste in film, and in regards to cinema you do not have one iota of my respect.   Normally, I'd say "WE all have our tastes", but this just makes me think that you're either an aggressive cynic or some sort of hipster contrarian looking for attention; either way your opinions are not worth respecting. 

Psh.  Inside Out being boring.  

Next you'll tell me that The Incredibles was terrible because it was derivative or that Toy Story was bad because it was about toys and therefore for kids. 

Most Poxar movies are boring. The most overrated ones have to be Toy Story. And yes, Inside Out does get boring (after a good start) - the moment they get lost.

Overall, I think you and people in general are just partial to Disney movies. I don't care what you think about my taste in movies but the whole 2nd act of Inside Out is pedestrian and pretty much doesn't go anywhere. So far, I'll rate it like this:

First act : 6/10

Second act : 4/10

Third act: TBD

Modern classic, lol. A few good scenes doesn't make a movie a modern classic.

Edit: The Incredibles is a fun movie that I'd rate a 6/10. Nothing spectacular but still watchable and fun.

Like i said in my other thread. Disney is currently the King of Entertainment. If they enter the gaming market and want to create their own console, Nintendo better watch out becuz these two are focusing on the same base, the family friendly and general.
Warner bros would be a good contender for Sony and Microsoft as well, but too bad. They rather making games for them than complete.
But nothing last forever, as history have proven many time. The new spin-off Star Wars Rogue One cause quite a bit of drama over the lead character.

peterdavid12345 said:
Like i said in my other thread. Disney is currently the King of Entertainment. If they enter the gaming market and want to create their own console, Nintendo better watch out becuz these two are focusing on the same base, the family friendly and general.
Warner bros would be a good contender for Sony and Microsoft as well, but too bad. They rather making games for them than complete.
But nothing last forever, as history have proven many time. The new spin-off Star Wars Rogue One cause quite a bit of drama over the lead character.

Actually, that is a good point. Why isn't Disney more interested in gaming? Out of all the forms of entertaiment, it's the one growing the fastest, and Disney doesn't precisely lack good IPs to make games with, nor money to invest on studios.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
peterdavid12345 said:

Actually, that is a good point. Why isn't Disney more interested in gaming? Out of all the forms of entertaiment, it's the one growing the fastest, and Disney doesn't precisely lack good IPs to make games with, nor money to invest on studios.

I don't know either, probably becuz console market is a tough market tbh. But if they ever will, Games like Kingdom Heart (half), Disney Infinity, Star War could become prominent exclusives for their console :). On top of that, they're the best really good at animation, so expect something as good or even better than Ratchet & Clank PS4 visually.

And yup you're right. Financially, they're pretty great as well, perhaps only behind Microsoft.

Didn't even know they were making a live action Jungle Book... I never watched the original, it just seemed like an incredibly boring and dumb movie to me as a child (and even now.) I might see this one though.

peterdavid12345 said:

Actually Comcast is the king for entertainment. And I'd put 21st Century Fox ahead of Disney from an entertainment business.

The special effects on the animals is pretty incredible, they look photo real most of the time.

Disney is totally going to milk this tech now, they can do a CGI Lion King now with the same effects and it will make huge dollars.

I wasn't huge on Inside Out but it was watchable. 

Big Hero 6 was better. 

You said well Ryan, they just remake everything. Sadly, just remakes.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile