By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Who will be the target demo for the NX...

SonytendoAmiibo said:

Nintendo's marketing is not what it used to be.

Back in the 80's their commercials were AWSOME. (See what I did there?) Their current commercials are a travisty to the marketing industry.

Nintendo's casual fans have mostly moved over to the mobile arena. Can they bring them back with a catchy 30 sec media blitz?

Their Wii commercials were way better than anything from the 80s.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:

Nintendo's marketing is not what it used to be.

Back in the 80's their commercials were AWSOME. (See what I did there?) Their current commercials are a travisty to the marketing industry.

Nintendo's casual fans have mostly moved over to the mobile arena. Can they bring them back with a catchy 30 sec media blitz?

Their Wii commercials were way better than anything from the 80s.

No..... Japanese business men knocking on people's doors asking if they would like to play? That Wii commercial gave me a creepy Jehovah's Witness vibe.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

I think they should initially target core gamers with it. If its $300-$400 console only for the first holiday, marketing it for kids would be a bad idea.

Sony is rock solid in their position, but Microsoft I'm not so sold on. Take the fight to them and see if they're vulnerable especially if NX is considerably better hardware wise. You never know if you never try.

If it doesn't work out so hot you can always naturally pivot towards more kid-centric marketing in 2017/18 as the product scales down in cost.

Soundwave said:
I think they should initially target core gamers with it. If its $300-$400 console only for the first holiday, marketing it for kids would be a bad idea.

Sony is rock solid in their position, but Microsoft I'm not so sold on. Take the fight to them and see if they're vulnerable especially if NX is considerably better hardware wise. You never know if you never try.

If it doesn't work out so hot you can always naturally pivot towards more kid-centric marketing in 2017/18 as the product scales down in cost.

I fully agree. But even in the good old days Nintendo never really competed against Sega. Remember "Sega does what Nintendon't." What was Nintendo's response to that attack? It's been a really long time since the Big N competed against anyone. They NEED to get this right.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

They should target everyone who buys a handheld for Pokemon to buy the NX. The Wii U has yet to outsell Pokemon X and Y which have a Wii U system in your character's bedroom.

In other words, there are more fictional Wii U sold in the Kalos Region in X/Y than the real world.

Around the Network

Nintendo.

I'm now filled with determination.

Hopefully the NX can be something that offers something to all groups. That would be nice... As long as the NX has the power it needs and all the support it can get. I'd be glad if I can get some more RPGs on it.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

princevenom said:
nintendo fans

how many are there these days?

t3mporary_126 said:
They should target everyone who buys a handheld for Pokemon to buy the NX. The Wii U has yet to outsell Pokemon X and Y which have a Wii U system in your character's bedroom.

In other words, there are more fictional Wii U sold in the Kalos Region in X/Y than the real world.

good point!

Peggle. Slime Rancher. Angry Birds. Whatever corresponds to these games in Japan.

The demographic that plays these games is the one they're going after. The Nintendo shared platform, be it on home console or handheld console, is going to be about browser and mobile type games. Shallow, pick up and play type experiences that make Mario and Zelda look complicated.

It will be interesting to see the Nintendo Princesses in a Kim Kardashian knockoff game.